ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕠

"Uhm were are we going?" After two minutes of walking, I thought it would be the right time to ask.
"To the surveillance room." She said.

Suddenly I had a bad feeling, I felt worried, because every time she takes me to this room something bad happens in the glade.
I started walking faster. I am scared. The doors were open, the grievers could go out of the maze any time and I didn't even know if Newt was still alive.

"Hey slow down." Dr. McLawn said. She limps since my dad shot her in the leg. He sometimes has outbursts of anger.
Then you should rather hide all dangerous objects. He never killed someone, but I am sure this will happen soon.
His outbursts are getting stronger and he also started getting aggressive to me. He never did that before.

All of sudden she stops in front of a huge grey door. She opens and stepped aside, so I could enter the room. And then I saw what she wanted to show me. The huge monitors showed the glade.
On one monitor I saw how the grievers hunted the gladers and fire destroyed the huts. All gladers ran from one side to the other,  searching for a hide. It was horrible.
On another I saw some gladers in the Homestead. There is Minho, Thomas, Alby, Chuck, Teresa, some others and Newt. My heart beat faster when I saw him. "He is alive". I thought and smiled a bit.

I winced as I saw a griever lifting up Chuck and then Alby. Chuck could be saved.... But not Alby.

I was paralysed as my Dad walked in and started to scream. "What are you doing here?"
I turned around "Dr. McLawn showed me what YOU are doing to my friends." I said with an angry voice.
My dad's gaze wandered to Dr.McLawn. "Why did you bring her here?"
"I thought she should see that you are killing all our subjects." She said with a confident voice. She never intimidated by my Dad and I admire her for that, but my Dad hates her for this property.
He slapped her her in the face. He slapped her again and again. I didn't wanted to, but I started crying.

"Dad stop, please stop" I screamed with a tearful voice. He looked at me and grabbed my arm so hard that it hurt. "I'm going to bring you to your room" he said.
I couldn't defend myself, he was too strong. I take one last look over my shoulder, trying to see Newt, but he wasn't there.

When we arrived my room, Dad pushed me hard in it. I fell down and he locked the door.
"No Dad! You can't keep me here!" I screamed but without success. He already left.

I didn't move. I just sat on the floor and thought about everything that happened the last years.
Since my mom died I felt lonely and I talked with no one about my problems, cause Dad begun behaving like an idiot.
Nobody knew how I really was. Nobody knew that I was crying in my room alone every night. Nobody knew that I just needed a hug. Nobody knew that I just needed love. Nobody knew.... Except Newt.

I remember the day he was set up in the maze. I got to see him 2 minutes before.
"I will see you again, don't worry" he said.
"Maybe in another life" I said and put a fake smile on my face.
"Maybe in another life" he whispered and smiled back.
"Goodbye" he added.
"Don't say that" I looked away.
"Why?" "Because goodbye is always the last word"
"I love you" he said, sadly for the last time before he closed his eyes.