ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕖𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

"Always tell the truth to people you love, otherwise it will be too late at some point."
I heard my mom saying in my head. So I did.
I told them everything. That some of them were my friends before the maze, that I watched them the whole time, that I lied to them since they were back and that my Dad forced me to not tell them about WCKD.
But I did not tell them, that Newt was my boyfriend. I said he was my friend just like the others.

"Wow" Thomas mumbled. I know this confession was pretty hard for them, cause everyone looked down and no one said a word, like they needed to think about it first.
"So you're saying that you first let us being sent up in the maze and then you watched us getting test objects for WCKD?" Thomas yelled at me.
"I'm sorry. My Dad sent you up without even telling me. Like I said before he never told me anything about what he is doing."
I defended myself with a little tear falling down my cheek.
"But when you knew, you didn't make a move to help us. I guess you're a really good friend congrats!" He said ironically.
"Thomas! Don't judge her for the choice she made, when you don't know the options she had to choose from." Newt defended me and Thomas gave him a angry look.

"Now she told us the truth, so there is no reason for still being mad at her." Teresa said and I gave her a smile as a thank you.  She smiled back and squeezed my hand.
"Yeah. Also she helped us to escape." Frypan added. I smiled to him too.
"Fine." Thomas ended the argue. "So, is it certain that we are going to the right arm?" He asked us all.
"I am in!" Minho announced right away. "Me too." Frypan and Teresa said at the same time. Also Aris and Frypan nodded.
"I'll also come with you." I said. Now everyone's eyes wandered to Newt. He looked at me and saw pleading look. Then he sighed. "Bloody hell." He just said. "Alright I think I got no choice. I'm coming with you too." He continued after some seconds of break.

I hugged him beaming with joy. "Thank you Newt." I whispered. "But if they are not going to help us it's  all your fault Y/N." He joked. "Of course!" I mumbled still hugging him.

*Newt's POV*
Everyone went to sleep, but I still sat by the fire. I couldn't stop thinking about Y/N and what he said about us being friends before the maze. Where we really just friends before the maze or were we something more than that? Am I the only one of us that thinks there is something connecting us? Or does she think the same? To many questions for one night.
I was lost in my thoughts, looking at Y/N, when Minho sat down next to me. 

"What's up Shank?" "Nothing, I just can't sleep." I said. He looked at me. "Can't stop thinking about that girl right?"
"Hey stop reading my mind." I said as a joke. Normally I wouldn't talk that open with someone, but it was Minho sitting there next to me and I know I could trust him. He laughed. " Why does this girl mean so much to you?" "Uh maybe because she was our fried?" I said. "Yeah right" he said laughing. He didn't believe me. I did not even believe myself.  "Wanna tell  me the truth now?" He asked.

"Ok well..." I started. " Maybe call me stupid but I think she didn't tell the truth about me." "Be more precise." He interrupted me.
"So... meeting her after the maze was like I got  something back , I didn't know that I lost and that I'll chose to remember forever and always." "So you do remember her?" He asked. "I guess I do. Remember the first time I had in the maze?" I asked him and he nodded. "I felt like something is missing, a big part of my life and I had this feeling the whole time. Until I met her." "Wow shank, I guess you're too hard in love." He looked at me with a smile. I think I looked a bit helpless, because he kept talking. "If that bothers you, tell her about your feelings." " yeah maybe." I answered to that. "Well I am going back to sleep. And so should you!" He stood up and left the bonfire. Maybe he's right. I should tell her. I stood up and wanted to go back to sleep, when I heard a heartbreaking scream.

The blood in my veins froze when I noticed who was screaming. It was Y/N!