ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖

The next morning I woke up early. Still in Newt's arms. I looked at him and saw him sleeping like an angel.  And as I looked at him like that I said to myself that I need to tell him the truth. The truth about our lives before the maze. That we weren't just friends.
I kissed his forehead and he opened his eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up." I mumbled. "You don't need to be sorry." He said and pulled me closer in the hug. "Newt, I need to tell you something." It was time to tell him. He looked at me and I sat up. He did the same and I started talking: "So, do you remember when I told you, that you all were my friends before the maze?" "Yes, and we're still your friends." He answered.
"Yeah I know. But I didn't say the truth about you." I looked down and continued. "We weren't just friends we were ...." I was not brave enough to finish the sentence but he did. "A couple?" I looked up to him and nodded. "For you it might be history now because you can't remember, but for me, whenever I close my eyes or look at you it all comes back clearly. I remember every word you told me." I looked at him, hoping his reaction would be good. And it was. Well in a way...
"Y/n, since the day I've met you I had the feeling that we are more than friends. Every time I thought about what I could say to you.  I didn't know what to talk about, but I wanted to talk to you. Then I thought you were dead and my heart broke into a million pieces. But now you're back and out friendship can go on." 

I would be happy about his words if he didn't say the last sentence. Friendship the word runs through my head. Friendship Friendship Friendship. That's all he want. I thought he would still love me. But maybe my expectations are far too high. I forced a smile on my face "Yes."

(Sorry this is a short chapter)