ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

We ran hand in hand out into the scorch and away from WCKD and my Dad. Suddenly I fell and dragged Newt with me. I was shocked and my leg hurt.
"Y/N you're alright?" He asked with a serious face. I looked into his eyes and all of sudden I felt happy. I started laughing and first he was confused but then he started to laugh as well. There we sat. In the middle of the scorch, where every second a crank could attack us, and laughed. But I wasn't even scared.

"Hey, are you guys coming?" Minho yelled. "Yeah we are." Newt yelled back, still laughing. He got up and held out his hand to me.
"Come on." I grabbed his hand and we walked towards the others. My leg still hurt, but that was nothing important.
"I think we should make a bonfire and stay here the night." Thomas said and everyone agreed.

After some minutes of silence Minho spoke up. "Where are we we actually going? I mean we can't stay in the scorch forever."
"I don't know. Janson said something about people hiding in the mountains. If they're really against WCKD maybe they can help us." Thomas told us.
"The right arm. I'm sure they're going to help us." I added.
Newt gave us a confused look. "People in the mountains? Mountain people? That's your plan?"
"I guess it's the only chance we have." I said. We had eye contact for some seconds and then he stood up and walked away.
"Where's he going?" Minho asked.
"I don't know." I said and ran after him.

"Where are you going?" I repeat the question from Minho and grabbed his arm.
He stopped walking and looked at me. "I just wanted to be alone for some minutes and think about everything."
"Oh okay." I was about to leave when he hold me back. "You can stay."
I smiled at him and we sat down down in the sand.

"I'm afraid." He suddenly said. "I'm afraid that the right arm won't be different than WCKD. Maybe they are doing the same bad things like WCKD or maybe even worse." "I think they are our only chance." I said.
"I know. That's why I feel so terrible lost." I was shocked by this confession. "Everything will be better soon." I wanted to say more and cheer him up, but I didn't found the right words.
"I hate the word soon. No one knows when "soon" is going to happen." He said.
"Listen..." I collected my words. " I know it sometimes feel like you're the only one who feels lost, but you're not.  We all do. But we're all in this together." He smiled at at the last sentence. That was a sentence he said to Thomas back in the maze.
"Everyone has some bad days, but we can use our happy memories to light up our day. Let's never forget this memories. Let's never forget what made us happy for a long while. And I'm sure you also had some good moments back in the maze." A part of me hopped that he was thinking about the memories we had together, but the other part knew that this was impossible.

I continued. "I know "soon" can be disappointed when you don't know when it is going to be. But I think we can use "soon" as a hope. Soon is a promise with no expiration date." I said he started to smile. "Thanks for cheering me up." He said.
"I owed you that." I answered and we started laughing again. "No but really: thank you Y/N. Since I met you I knew I found a good friend in you. Even if we don't know each other for so long." He said. I smiled. "You're welcome. And remember I'm here for you." "I'm here for you too." He said and hugged me. And in that moment I realised how much it would hurt, when I have to let him go again. But it was also like coming home to the place you feel the safest at.

After a minute we decided to go back to the others. "You're alright man?" Minho asked. Newt nodded and we sat down.
"By the way Y/N! We were all asking why you're helping us. You helped us to escape from WCKD and now you help us to get to the right arm. Why are you doing all this?" Thomas asked. "Maybe she's just a nice person." Teresa answered for me. I smiled as a thank you. "I helped you because I also don't like the methods they are working with. They are treating the persons from the mazes not like humans anymore and I didn't want them to do the same with you." I said. " I hope that the right arm is going to help us and that they will find a cure with better methods."  I continued.  No one said anything but I saw in their faces that they have understood what I just said.

Then Minho looked up to me. "Why did you saved us? Y/N could it be possible that you know us from before? I mean before the maze and everything?" And there it was. The question I was afraid of the whole time. What am am going to say? The truth or am I going to lie? If I tell the truth what will their reaction be?