part 8

Varun gazed at Anbu for a good few minutes before bursting into laughter.

"Omg, just look at your face!" he chuckled, unable to contain himself.

Anbu was puzzled for a moment until she realised he was pranking her.

"Hey Minion, do I look brainless? Why would I love you? I have better options, you know," Varun teased with an attitude.

Anbu gritted her teeth in anger and started hitting him, ignoring his pleas to stop. Eventually, Varun had to stop the car to avoid an accident.

"Hey, women, stop! I'm driving!" Varun protested as Anbu continued to hit him.

Anbu was determined to finish him off for scaring her with his prank. She was terrified by his sudden proposal, which made her question their friendship.

"You, Lunatic, idiot, you scared the shit out of me! You gave me a mini heart attack, dumbo," Anbu cursed him as she hit him one more time before sitting back in her seat and adjusting her dupatta.

"Oh yeah, the great Minion got scared," Varun mocked, starting the car again.

"Don't you dare call me that! I'm telling you, I'll kill you, Varun," Anbu warned, her anger evident as her nose turned red.

Varun chuckled and apologised, knowing he had pushed it too far.

"Well, let's talk about Rishi," Varun attempted to change the topic, seeing Anbu's discomfort.

A shy smile appeared on Anbu's face at the mention of Rishi's name, which Varun noticed.

"Gosh, you're in love!" Varun exclaimed in joy.

Anbu bit her lip, trying to hide her blush. She felt embarrassed and didn't expect Varun to figure out her feelings so easily.

"What are you even talking about? I just..." Anbu trailed off, avoiding eye contact.

"Hello, Madam, it's all over your face that you're in love with him. Didn't you realise how your expression changed as soon as I mentioned Rishi's name?" Varun said confidently, knowing the signs of love well.

"Umm... Nothing like that," Anbu mumbled, feeling shy and embarrassed. She wasn't trying to hide her feelings from her friends; she just needed time to process everything.

"Oh, come on, don't hide things from your best friends," Varun insisted, flashing a grin.

"Says the one who disappeared all these years without even informing his friends," Anbu retorted, looking out of the window.

It was enough to shut him up. Anbu sensed there was more to Varun's disappearance all those years, but she decided to wait and ask him later, especially since she had to face her father's reaction first.

Varun wasn't upset by Anbu's comment; he knew he deserved her teasing. He stayed quiet until they arrived at Swati's home.

After a few minutes of driving, they reached Swati's place. Anbu got out of the car and went inside, followed by Varun.

"Finally, you're here!" they heard Swati's joyful voice as she greeted them in the hall.

Anbu hugged her friend Swati in relief, and Swati hugged her back warmly.

"Girls, I'm also here," Varun announced, still standing in the same spot.

"Stay there only," Swati said, giving him a playful glare, which made Anbu laugh.

They all settled down, with Anbu and Swati on one couch and Varun on the other.

"You know, this idiot popped out of nowhere this morning. I almost got a heart attack when I saw him suddenly. He was so excited to see you," Swati said, eyeing Varun.

Anbu nodded in agreement, feeling the same excitement from Varun.

"Of course, it's been years since I met you girls. I was really curious about your looks. I didn't have any expectations with Swati. But Anbu, woah... you have become a beautiful Minion," Varun remarked, earning a smack from Swati in return.

Poor Varun, all he seemed to get from his friends were smacks and punches.

"I'm telling you, both of you become violent. I pity your future husband," Varun mumbled as he rubbed his head.

"Where's uncle and aunty?" Anbu asked, ignoring Varun's complaints.

"Dad went out to buy some groceries, and mom must be in the kitchen. She must be cooking something for you guys since she knows about your arrival," Anbu explained, noticing Varun's blank expression.

"Oh, okay," Anbu replied, noticing Varun's gaze fixed on Swati.

"So, did he tell you why he went to the US without telling us?" Swati asked Anbu, hoping Varun had confided in her.

Anbu shook her head, looking at Swati. "Let's give him some time. He just got here; let's wait until he's ready to open up," she suggested, and Swati nodded in agreement.

Varun sat there, his gaze shifting between Anbu and Swati, feeling unsure of what to say. He struggled to maintain a composed facade, but his eyes couldn't hide the truth. Despite his efforts to conceal it, his love for Anbu was evident in his eyes, betraying his true feelings for her.