part 15

blinking her eyes for the nth time Anbu huffed at her attempt of sleeping. rubbing her eyes hard she cursed the night for no reason. It's been an hour since she was trying to sleep yet she didn't get even an ounce of sleep. her eyes are burning now, she badly needs a few minutes of peaceful sleep and relaxation after all that long walks with Rishi.

After returning to her home she had to face her strict parents who were already waiting for her at the hall when Rishi dropped her off and left. their heat gaze alarmed her.

She knew she had to return before ten at night as it was her father's strict order. initially she made up her mind to return back before ten, but being with Rishi she enjoyed every moment. she wanted that moment to continue for a little longer. She didn't want to leave his warmth so soon, convincing herself to stay a bit longer with him. She got herself ready to get scolded by her parents later. To fulfil her heart's desire of spending more time with him she chose to keep her parent's orders out of her mind for a bit and lived the moment with him.

Although they didn't scold her, the strange staring of them was enough for her to understand that they didn't like this late night returning back home. Anbu lowered her gaze and silently walked inside her room avoiding her parent's stern face.

Breathing in relief she leaned on her room door making sure she locked it after entering inside. her parents amazed her by leaving this matter without lecturing her on how an ideal girl should be returning home early. ditching her thoughts she decides to freshen up and sleep. and that's when she began to face the trouble of sleeping.

The raising heartbeats of hers made her more frustrated. taking deep breaths she tried to help her heart to get easy. pulling the warm blanket over her Anbu covered every part of her body leaving her head. she wondered what was keeping her awake till now. maybe her overwhelmed heart ?

gazing at the spinning fan of her room, she re-played her time with him. everything seemed so dreamy for her, no doubt today is the best day that she ever had. his smile, his chocolate brown eyes, and his presence beside her. all these were making her feel the butterfly effect inside her stomach. she still couldn't get out from the thrill and excitement she felt when he held her hands while walking.

She mused over the thought that even his slightest touches could keep her awake all night. Was she involving herself too much in him? Of course, yes. Unknowingly, she was getting addicted to Rishi, or perhaps she was just being too crazy in love. Nevertheless, both of these weren't going to do any good for her. Being addicted to a person is more dangerous than being addicted to drugs.

A smudged smile appeared on her lips as she entertained the idea of getting married to him as soon as possible. Every passing day felt like years to her being away from him. She was desperately looking forward to living with him under the same roof, waiting for the day when she would wake up next to him as his wife.

She was a simple Indian girl, brought up in a household with strict parents. Initially, she used to oppose her parents and ask for her rights, but she grew tired of doing it every day. Eventually, she began to accept her parents' controlling and overly strict ways, and soon, it became a part of her life. She didn't have much exposure to life; she did what her parents allowed her to do. After a point, she stopped expecting too much because she knew that disappointment would be the only thing she got at the end of the day. But Rishi had a bright side that she never expected. When her parents showed her his photo to arrange the alliance, she wasn't even sure about the marriage at first. However, spending more time with him day by day made her certain about him. She couldn't help but fall for this charming guy who effortlessly captured her heart. She silently thanked her parents because they had done something good for her by bringing Rishi into her life.

"What must he be doing now? Should I call him? What would he think of me if I called him at this hour?" she conversed with herself before reaching for her phone on the nightstand table. She decided to call him anyway, as she was not getting any sleep for now.

With a shy smile on her face and excitement-filled energy, she unlocked her phone to call him for a cosy late-night chat. But to her surprise, she saw his message notification.

Without wasting a second, she opened the chat and read his messages. She couldn't believe what her eyes were reading, so she read his messages again to make sure she hadn't misinterpreted them.

"I haven't moved on yet."

"I haven't moved yet from my past relationship."

Her smile vanished, and her heartbeats quickened due to the pressure she felt at that moment. Was he joking? she asked herself, choosing to ignore the useless answer. After reading his confessions, she didn't feel like talking to him anymore. She felt angry, sad, and a lot more emotions that she found hard to describe. Yet, she thought to ask him what had happened all of a sudden. She began to type, "What? Are you kidding?" but she didn't send that message. Instead, she deleted all those letters and chose to remain silent for a few moments. Everything was so sudden, and she needed a moment to herself.

Dropping her phone on the bed, she lay straight, her eyes wandering around her room. She could feel a lump forming in her throat. Gulping hard, she tried to hold back her tears. She didn't want to spoil her "the best day ever" by crying now. Was it all just to tempt her for a beautiful future with him and then disappoint her with nothing?

She held back her tears and took deep breaths. Closing her eyes, she assured herself that it was nothing, that she could handle it. She didn't shed a single tear; she just became silent. Her overthinking mind had paused long ago along with her increasing heartbeats. It had been half an hour now, and she didn't feel like calling him to ask for details. She just remained silent for the moment. It was so unexpected, and she was still learning to cope with it.

She was trying to figure out the situation, needing to have a detailed talk with him before jumping to any conclusions. She was deeply lost in her thoughts, trying to find reasons behind his sudden change of mind. And just when she heard her phone vibrating, no doubt, it was Rishi.

She wanted to end the call, but she also wanted to know his side. Not having any other option, she picked up his call. Before she could even say hello, Rishi spoke up, "Umm... hey, could you please open your balcony door?"

"What do you mean?" Anbu asked in disbelief, feeling overwhelmed by his sudden request.

"Open your balcony door, damn, the weather is freezing out here," Rishi replied, his voice husky and urgent.

Anbu sat up on her bed with a jolt, her attention fully captured. "What do you mean?" she asked again, glancing at the balcony door, which was covered by curtains.

"Anbu, open the door and let me come inside, I'm freezing here," Rishi urged, his tone indicating the seriousness of the situation.