part 1

He pressed her against the wall, causing her to gasp in surprise as she looked into his intense, hooded eyes. She sensed he wasn't in the mood to hear her out; these were moments where his actions spoke volumes. Though the mere thought of him made her heart race with excitement, it also stirred a fear within her – the fear of being unable to resist him this time.

Cornered between the wall and his muscular frame, she felt his warm breath against her skin as he leaned in closer. Her throat felt dry, and she swallowed hard to compose herself before whispering, "Rishi..." Her voice barely audible, she struggled to maintain her composure, knowing that his gaze had the power to weaken her resolve.

He responded with a low hum, his eyes fixated on her lips. "I'm running late, please let me go," she blurted out, trying to break free from his hold. Rishi placed his hands on either side of her, a protective stance, and replied, "Go ahead, nothing's stopping you."

Feeling trapped between his arms, she gestured toward his hands, struggling to maintain eye contact. "Your hands," she murmured, her voice trembling. The intensity of his gaze made her feel vulnerable.

A smirk played on his lips as he leaned in closer to her ear, sending shivers down her spine. "Do you really want to leave?" he whispered huskily, causing goose bumps to form on her skin.

Her heart raced as she met his gaze, offering a nervous smile. "I'm... I'm getting late," she stammered, feeling his thumb caress her cheek gently. His words were filled with passion, and she found herself wanting to retreat from his intense gaze.

But what surprised her was his sudden withdrawal, creating a distance between them. "Go, before I can't resist kissing you," he said with a playful smile.

She stood there, uncertain of what to do, longing for his kiss but also afraid of the consequences. Summoning her courage, she uttered the words she never thought she would say. "Kiss me."

And in the next moment, he did, and it was a moment filled with longing and desire.

As Rishi opened his eyes, he cursed under his breath, feeling a wave of regret wash over him. "Damn," he muttered, taking a long swig of water to calm his nerves. "Stay away from me," he reminded himself, his gaze fixed on the darkness around him.

It wasn't a nightmare; it was a painful memory from his past that he wished to forget. The girl he had seen in his dream was someone he never wanted to encounter again.

Not wanting to dwell on his past mistakes, Rishi tried to distract himself by going back to sleep. And for a brief moment, he found solace in the peaceful embrace of slumber.

But his tranquillity was shattered by the ringing of his phone. Groaning, he reached for his phone, his eyes still heavy with sleep. Without checking the caller ID, he answered with a sleepy, "Hello?"

The sound of Anbu's voice on the other end jolted him awake, and he sat up abruptly. Glancing at the clock, he realised he had overslept and forgotten about their coffee date. Cursing himself for his forgetfulness, he tried to apologise, his heart racing with anxiety.

It had been a month since their engagement, and they were still getting to know each other before their arranged marriage. Despite their initial attraction, there was still much to learn about each other.

"Rishi, can you please come and open the main door of your apartment?" Hearing her voice from the other side, Rishi's eyebrows furrowed in complete bewilderment.

"Rishi, can you please come and open the main door of your apartment?" Anbu's voice came through the phone, prompting Rishi to wake up from bed. Without hesitating, he rushed to the main door, his mind solely focused on her presence outside.

With a thud, he swung open the door, revealing Anbu standing there, her doe-like eyes meeting him in the early morning light. Despite his dishevelled appearance with messy hair and a sleepy face, Anbu's smile brightened upon seeing him. However, her expression shifted when her gaze trailed down his bare torso, noticing that he was shirtless, with only a boxer covering his waist.

"What are you doing here?" Rishi asked abruptly, breaking the moment. Anbu looked stunning in a red velvet mid-dress, but Rishi's sudden question caught her off guard. Instead of answering, she found herself momentarily captivated by his morning charm, unable to resist checking him out. The sight of his body hairs on his bare chest was undeniably tempting.

Caught off guard by her prolonged stare, Rishi glanced down, realising his oversight in forgetting to put on a shirt. He typically slept with minimal clothing, but this time, it had slipped his mind entirely.

"Shit..." he muttered, embarrassed by the situation, prompting a giggle from Anbu in his flustered state. Sensing his discomfort, she tactfully ignored his bareness and simply asked, "Won't you invite me inside?"

"Oh, sorry, come inside," Rishi responded quickly, stepping aside to make way for her. As Anbu entered, he hurriedly pulled his boxers up to cover himself, feeling a flush of embarrassment.

"Just a minute, I'll be back," Rishi said, rushing off to his bedroom without waiting for her response. Amused by his antics, Anbu settled on the couch, taking in the surroundings of his apartment. The clean and orderly space, despite being a bachelor pad, impressed her.

Meanwhile, Rishi hurriedly changed into a dark green loose t-shirt and black track pants before returning to Anbu's side. "I'm sorry, Anbu. I was tired and exhausted due to last-minute work. Sorry for making you wait. We can go out now, wait for five more minutes. I'll take a bath and we can..." he began, but Anbu interrupted him.

"Relax, Rishi," she said with a genuine smile. "It's okay. I'm not angry with you, nor am I upset, so chill."

Relieved by her understanding, Rishi sighed in relief. He had expected her to be upset for making her wait, but her patience and understanding were a pleasant surprise.

"I called your phone three or four times, but you didn't pick up, and it was unusual of you to ignore my calls. That's why I decided to visit you to make sure you're fine," Anbu explained, her smile reassuring him.

"Thank you for understanding me," Rishi mumbled gratefully, still feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Leave that and go take a bath. I'll prepare coffee for both of us. I guess it's gonna be a date, as you promised earlier—a cosy simple coffee date at your apartment. Isn't it cool?" Anbu suggested, her excitement evident in her eyes.

With a nod, Rishi agreed, opting to go along with her plan rather than explaining further. Despite his fondness for spending time with her, being alone together under the same roof always made him slightly nervous.

"Okay then, I'll go and take a shower. I'll be preparing coffee," Anbu said, taking charge with a hint of a wife-like tone as she walked toward the kitchen, leaving Rishi momentarily startled but ultimately touched by her affection.

As Anbu busied herself in the kitchen, her mind still lingered on the image of shirtless Rishi. Blushing at her own thoughts, she reminded herself of her deep feelings for him, cherishing every moment with him, regardless of any doubts or uncertainties.

Pouring the hot coffee into mugs, Anbu was about to carry them when she was startled by Rishi's sudden scream from the bathroom. Without a moment's hesitation, she dashed to his aid, worried for him.