Chapter 55 (M)

Jisoo –

"Do it Kim, hurry" with shaky hands, I grabbed a scalpel and watched the man's tied hands twitch.

I watched blood gush out on his face when the sharp blade slide through his skin. His eyes were wide open, he was alive, breathing, and aware of what was happening.

"Mr. Park we have to stop!" I begged and threw away the scalpel I was holding and grabbed his hand.

"He's still alive, oh my gad we have to stop," I said with my insides shaking and my stomach twisting.

"Get off from me!" he said and pushed me hard.

I fell on the cold ground with my hands shaking and my knees trembling. The blood continued to pour, I tried to stand up but I was too weak. I didn't have the strength to stop him with his madness. I started to struggle to breathe and everything around me was spinning.

"I need a hand in here!" Mr. Park yelled. He was in the process of opening another man's skull. I don't know how many innocent lives we have already taken with his experiments. Kronos supported him in full, they said it's for a better future which I first believed in until they started to experiment on the living.

"Is she already there?! I need an assistant!" Mr. Park yelled. A tall girl enters the laboratory and helps him. She grabbed a scalpel without any hesitation and helped Mr. Park. 

More blood covered the white marble floor, and with a heaving chest, I lift my hand only to see it covered with blood.

"S-stop" I tried but no sound came out of my mouth. I was struggling to breathe, and I felt more nauseous at the blood covering the whole floor, the whole room.

"Love – "

"Wake up love"

"Oh my gad, Kim Jisoo wake up!"

Opening my eyes, I saw a worried Chae.

"Oh my gad love, I was worried as hell! Your body was shaking, you were having multiple series of short breaths and your hands were as stiff as a rock!"

"I'm sorry," I said, still feeling the lack of oxygen, finding enough air to breathe.

"What happened?! I thought I was going to lose you in your sleep! Take a deep breath please, try to relax." she says and I heard her voice crack. I did as told, I tried to calm myself and took a deep breath.

"I don't ever wanna lose you, not again Jisoo. I can't I just can't" I felt tears sliding down on my skin as she snuggles against the crook of my neck. Struggling to still lift up my hand, I managed to slide my arm around her waist.

"I'm sorry love, I was having a bad dream. I'm not going anywhere, I promise" I said and she lifts her head to look at me in the eye.

She's crying, I made her cry.

"I'm sorry love, I didn't mean to make you cry, I was – " I didn't get to finish my sentence when her lips conquered mine.

She kissed me like we haven't seen each other for a very long time. I didn't care, I will never get tired of kissing her lips. I've wasted years when I decided to follow her dad and leave her on that door. I'm the greatest fool for doing so but maybe it's a way for me to realize that I'm the only person who can fix things. I saw how it all started and somehow, I know and I have hopes that I can finally end this and give her the life she deserves. A life where we can go out on a normal date, eat at every restaurant she would visit on her search history, maybe we'll both get dogs and name them Dalgom and Hank, I don't know where that came from but it sounds nice, I'm sure she'll like it, or maybe just stay inside our apartment without worrying about what happens next. I want that life for her, for us. And I'll do everything I can to give her that.