Chapter 2

Jennie - 

"Jennie grab my wrist, put them over your shoulder then try to lift me by gathering your strength from your waist"

"But dad you're heavier than me, and if you haven't noticed? I'm a small girl like mom"

"Just do what I said, okay?" 

He stood behind me and I did what my father told me, I grabbed his arm and with all the strength that I had - I lifted him and knocked him down the ground. 

I was shocked that I was able to lift him like I wasn't a small girl. He groaned a bit but then he scolded me.

"Jennie don't just stand there! When your enemy is on the ground, you have to move as quickly as you can and don't ever waste a second!"

I flinched at my father's voice and followed his next instructions. I laid down on the ground with my father and did what he instructed me to do. 

"Use your legs to lock the person's head. But don't forget to pull one arm over their head so they will have difficulty breathing. You have to pull as hard as you can until the person loses their strength, you got it?" 

"Yes dad" 

"Now pull and use your strength"

"B-but what if I hurt you?"

"Then it means you're doing good.  Now pull"

I pulled with all my strength then heard my dad grunting. 

"T-that's it Jennie! You're doing g-good!

"Enough wrestling, time for a break you two" 

We both glanced at the woman who was carrying a tray of snacks as she smiled brightly at the two of us. We both stopped in an instant and my father helped me get on my feet as I run towards my mom.

"Milk ice cream!"

I showed my gummy smile and my mother and father grinned at me.

"You did well Jennie" my father brushed my hair.

"You did great my princess. I love you so much" my mom whispered as she wrapped her arms around me. 

My eyes snapped open at the sound of glass shattering from downstairs. I quickly grabbed my gun beside the bed and tip-toed my way at the side of the door, I chose the blind spot where I won't be seen when the door opens.  

I glanced at my watch - 2:43 am

Did the zombies get in?

That's imposssible, I locked everything when I entered this house. Zombies aren't that smart enough to open a door.

I held my gun tight but realized that if I shoot, I might get myself in more trouble with the gun noise so I decided to switch for my hunting blade and took a deep breath.

Footsteps. 

I heard careful footsteps in the stairs but it took a while before I heard it walk near the door. I stared at the knob, waiting for the right timing. 

When I saw the door opening slowly, my heart started to race for some reason and I know for a fact that it wasn't a zombie who entered but a person. 

A real life person!

The first thing I saw was a hand holding a gun, then long slender arms came into view as the person walked inside the room. My heart pounded as I began to see the intruder - a tall girl with a blonde hair, I checked her from head to toe and I can say that she is definitely toned and fit.