Chapter 69

Lisa - 

Following BamBam through the woods, my heart was beating so fast it was beyond normal. 

"Can you swim?" he asked as he dropped the other bag he was holding when we reached the end of the land. 

"What?" 

"I'm asking if you can swim?"

He started pulling some stuff from his bag including oxygen tanks and some underwater gears. 

"Don't tell me we're - "

"Yup, we're going underwater. That's the only way to penetrate the estate without setting off the alarm. There's a tunnel at the back where we can enter and crawl through the vents to get inside" 

"What about our guns?" 

"Here, seal them inside. The guns may be water-resistant but the ballistics may change underwater so make sure to seal them well"

With BamBam's instructions, I followed him and listened to him carefully. He showed me a blueprint of the oasis and I was surprised to know how enormous the estate is and how hideous the higher-ups are for creating such a place. 

"So is the plan clear?" 

"Yes"

"Alright, time to blow some motherfuckers" 

The plan was simple, find survivors, rescue them and then blow the place up. Since BamBam knows the place more than I do, he's going to be the one to do the rescuing while I will focus only on one area, the upper wing where the head of Oasis is hiding. 

"Once you kill those bastards, go straight at the roof deck and wait for me"

"Got it" 

Going underwater, my lungs felt like expanding as we swam deep in the icy-cold lake. I don't know how long we swam but during those moments, all I thought was about rescuing my Ruby Jane and my friends. 

I hope they're still alive.

Wait for me Ruby Jane, I'm coming.

"Lisa, aren't you cold? Fuck I'm freezing!" BamBam was shaking as soon as we got out of the lake and into the tunnel's entrance that he mentioned earlier. 

"I'm not," I said and raised one brow. 

Should I be feeling cold? 

"Probably an effect from your friend's serum" 

"I guess so"

Damn it Jisoo, I can't explain what's going on in my body.

"Well that's good, as long as you're alive and not a zombie, I think that's okay. Now let's go find that friend of yours"

Going through the air vents, we started our plan as soon as we reached our designated spots.

"I'll see you later Lisa. Be careful and don't hesitate to kill if you need to,"  he said and went on his own way. I was crawling through the air vents when suddenly, the alarms started to get crazy.

"All military on special projects, I repeat, we need all the military on that wing. Survivors are escaping" 

Jennie!

Exiting the air vents, I landed on the dark hallways.

"You! Where did  you - " 

Without waiting for them to finish their sentence, I attacked with my knife and killed them all in the fastest way I've ever moved in my entire life.