Chapter 35

Jisoo –

Seeing Chae smile has always been my only happiness. Her cheeks were full as she eats the fish we caught at the stream.

"Careful love, we still have a lot of fish. They won't go anywhere" Chuckling, I wiped the crumbs at the side of her lips.

She turned to me with a smile and my heart doubled its size.

"Thank you love" she whispered as she feeds me with a smile.

"Anything for you love, you know I'd do anything right?" I said and looked at her sincerely.

She laid down the stick she was holding and cupped my cheek.

"If this is still about you trying to fix this chaos, I don't need that Chu. As long as we are together, I don't care about the zombies. I love you my nerd and I don't want you to use that brain of yours to fix the world. Just fix us, that's enough for me"

I felt my heart ache, it was agonizingly painful to look at her knowing that I'm hiding the truth from her.

"Are you listening to me love?" she asked with furrowed brows and I had to quickly pull myself together or she'll notice that there's something wrong.

"Yes love, I am" I nodded and kissed the tip of her nose. When I heard her chuckle, I internally sighed in relief.

"Good. Because I know you Kim Jisoo, your brain won't stop until you figure things out" she says and she's one hundred percent right.

I won't stop until I find the answer to all this mess.

I won't stop until I fix this.

"Stop abusing that brain and just focus on me" she pouts and for a moment, I forgot everything.

"Yes love, I promise I will"

"Good" she gave me a peck on the cheek before attacking another fish.

"Too bad we didn't bring beer" Byul whined and we all nodded at her.

"Didn't we saw some whiskey at the barracks love?" Chae whispered and I remembered the bottles we saw earlier.

"Right! I remember that!" I said and stood up.

"Who wants some whiskey?" I asked and they all looked at me questioningly.

"We saw some bottles at the barracks earlier when we did our perimeter check"

"Then let's go grab it nerd!" Byul was about to stand but Jennie stopped her.

"I'll go with Jisoo"

"Then I'll go with you too Rub – "

"Just stay here Lisa. It's just a few meters away, relax"

"It's okay Lis, I got her" I nodded but she only gave me glare.

"Let's go nerd" Jennie started to walk and I quickly trailed behind her.

When we reached the barracks, I quickly searched for the bottles of whiskey that we saw earlier. My brain clearly remembered where we saw it.  Rummaging through the cabinets, I smiled at the sight of the golden bottles.

Jackpot!

I grabbed the two bottles of whiskey and showed it to Jennie who was looking at me with a stoic expression.

"You know you'll have to tell her right?" she started and I knew what she's talking about.

"How?" I asked.