Chapter 71 (FINAL)

Jisoo - 

"Thank you for all your hard work Jisoo" 

"Oh, it's all thanks to your guidance Mrs. Kim" I smiled at her as we finally finished the last batch of the antidote. 

"I need your autograph please" I chuckled at Moonbyul. 

"Here you go" 

"Mrs. Kim?" 

"Of course" 

"Thank you, Mrs. Kim, off we go nerd" Seulgi bows her head to Mrs. Kim while she only gave me a teasing smile. I think I'm already used to being called a nerd by Lisa and the rest of the gang.

I watched Seulgi and Moonbyul bid their goodbyes to Irene and Solar while Bambam waits for them at the utility helicopter.

"Make sure you both return tomorrow morning or we will hunt you down. Just deliver the antidote and return! No girls Kang Seulgi do you hear me?!" Irene threats but I can see Seulgi smiling from ear to ear while Moonbyul gently hugs Solar. 

"Don't worry babe, we will be back before you girls even wake up" She winks before they gave each other a kiss.

It's been three months since we landed on a private island. With Bambam's help and Moonbyul's knowledge combined, they were able to find a way to communicate with the government.

We told them what Kronos did and gave them proof that we found a cure by presenting Ella and Lisa. With enough evidence about Kronos and the cure, they gave us funds to start producing the antidote for immunity and seized everything that operates under Kronos. In exchange for the antidote, we asked the government if they could let us stay on the island because we all fell in love with the place and they gladly said yes. 

With the government's help, we were able to build our small laboratory with all the equipment needed. It was enough for us to do our research and make the antidote. We were given enough people to help with the antidote and Mrs. Kim led the project. 

"Are you finally done, my love?" 

Pulling myself back to reality, I can't help but feel butterflies in my stomach as Chae simply stands in front of the door looking gorgeous as ever. 

"Go on lovebirds, I'll have Ella help me with the mess" I glanced at Ella who only shrugged her shoulders and I saw Mrs. Kim smiling at me.

"Thanks Mrs. Kim" 

"Be sure to be back by dinner okay?" she reminds and we both nodded our heads with a big smile on our lips as we take our leave. 

Since we all have no family members left because of the apocalypse, Mrs. Kim became a mother to all of us. Sadly we can no longer bring back the dead but at least we were able to create an antidote to counteract the spread of the virus so we could continue to fight without the fear of turning into a monster. The government will use the antidote so we could fight and wipe out the zombies in order to retake the whole country.

With my head in the clouds, Chae suddenly stopped walking. As I looked at her, she held my face carefully and kissed each of my temples. 

"Tell me what's inside your head, my love" she gestured me to sit on the sand.

"I feel a little sad about us not being able to save those lives that had been taken over by the virus" I told her and I saw her smile, a sad one but her eyes were full of compassion. Chae has the purest soul, that's one thing I know for sure. 

"There are things that science or any magic can solve, and that's life my love" she held my hand and gave me the warmest gaze.

"My father tried remember?" I nodded at her.