Chapter 28

Chae –

"Chipmunk"

I glanced at my best friend who was leaning at the door. She now looks clean with her new red flannel and a pair of new jeans.

"Nice shirt" I teased and she chuckled.

"I got it from the grocery last time along with your lover" she winked at me and I can't help but roll my eyes.

I stared at Lisa as she stood like God's masterpiece in front of the door. She was watching me quietly and I had the good chance to look at her face. She has always been good-looking and people always ask me why I never liked her.

Honestly, I had a crush on Lisa when we were still young but then eventually, it just faded away because I realized how annoying she is and being her best friend was so much better.

"So, why are you here? Where's Jennie?" I asked as she walks towards the edge of the bed.

"Right, I need to talk to you Chae" she gave me a serious look and so I decided to sit beside her.

"What's wrong Lis?"

"I need to tell you something but promise me that you will listen first"

My heart started to race and the look on Lisa's face means only one thing – she's about to tell me something serious.

"I'll listen"

"It's Jennie" she starts and I furrowed my brows at her.

"What about Jennie?" I asked.

"I'm still in love with her, chaeng" she confessed and I clapped my hands.

"You are?! Oh my God Lis, that's good news! You and Jennie Unnie are perfect together!" I smiled at her but she wasn't smiling back, she was only looking at me – studying me with her brown doe eyes.

I furrowed my brows at her and that's when I realized what she said.

"Wait, why are you saying you're STILL in love with her?" I asked, curious why she had to say still.

"She's uhm ..."

She averted her eyes to the ground and I had to force her to look at me.

"What Lis?? She's what???"

She looked at me and heaved a sigh.

"She's Juliet"

The name sounded so familiar and my brain had to take a few minutes before I was able to catch up with what she was saying.

"Jennie is my Juliet, Chaeng"

Sneaking behind my best friend, I grabbed her pen and stole her old notebook.

"Yah! Park Chaeyoung, give that back!"

I dashed away from Lisa and read the words that were scribbled at the back of her notebook.

Dear Juliet,

It's been months since I last wrote to you. I'm sorry if I disappeared because I was afraid that you will get into another trouble if I continue writing you this letters.

First of all, I want to say I missed writing to you every day but at the same time I don't. I know I sound weird but believe me, I am happier now and that's all because of you. You were always the reason for my happiness and I want you to know that.

Tonight I want to introduce myself to you and I hope you give me a chance.

12:00 am, English Literature section.