Chapter 52

"Conversation~"

Thinking thoughts

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Meanwhile, a tactical headquarters supervised by Shiroe was commanding the expedition's main force.

The strategy that Shiroe and Crusty were adopting was not 'steady advancement', but 'speedy and imperfect'. No one could predict the future movement of the goblin army in the center of the archipelago, but if they ran out of food on the hills, they would obviously raid one of the towns. They were currently unable to ascertain the goblin army's main target, so Akiba did not have the initiative.

The choice of 'where to fight to lay in the hands of the enemy' was a disadvantage. Speed was the most important thing to gain the upper hand in this situation. Fortunately, the zone between Maihama and Akiba was relatively flat in this alternate world. The only problem was to cross the river as they travelled southeast from Akiba.

Predicting that the route was relatively safe, Shiroe decided not to muster the troops and move out together, opting to let Adventurers, who were ready to party up and move out immediately.

The tactical headquarters was a communication network formed by Shiroe, Charasin and 10 other Adventurers. The headquarters used this network to receive reports and disseminate information speedily. The network didn't take long to set up. After confirming the interest of a guild to take part in the operation, they would request for a representative of the guild to set up a communication network, and the headquarters staff and the representative would add each other to their friend lists.

The blitz group that already left, the main expedition force, and the reserve supply company had their own communication networks.

This expedition army possessed perfect communication that had never been seen before, the current problem that Shiroe's headquarters was facing was how to party up this strange expedition force.

We need to come up with a name list by levels... This step is hard to make while they are on the move, so we should set a rough destination for them to gather.

The first destination was around Matsudo in the old world, situated north of Maihama, the start of the hilly region... a place between Akiba and Maihama. According to Shiroe's knowledge of Elder Tales, there were many abandoned buildings there, a terrain not suitable for battles.

But, they had no choice if there were no suitable zones to choose from.

From reports received through telepathy, 'Ocypete' had docked in Maihama and the blitz group was moving to the abandoned port of Narashino under the guidance of a few People of the Land.

The blitz group under Crusty's command had 96 people.

A party was made up of 6 Adventurers, a 'Full Raid' consisted of 24 people, a 'Legion Raid' was formed by 4 'Full Raids', this 96-people group was the biggest fighting unit in Elder Tales.

Crusty may look like a gentleman wearing glasses, but he was actually the leader of the biggest battle guild in Akiba and Japan, a charismatic raid commander.

He fully understood the tactical importance of speed in this war and would continue to press on without rest after reaching Narashino.

Shiroe took a map from his pack while riding his horse.

The abandoned port of Narashino was about 25km away in a straight line from the central forest where the goblin main force was. For a normal knight in this world, they would need to take 3 days to reach there. But with Crusty's speed, they should be able to engage them tomorrow morning.