Chapter 17 (Edited)

"Conversation~"

Thinking thoughts

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Shiroe's group had set up their base dozens of minutes away from Susukino for surveillance as scheduled.

Susukino was a city zone located in Ezzo Empire. Ezzo Empire was equivalent to Sapporo in the old world and was set as a field zone.

It was a fortress city with farming zones, and many NPCs resided here.

To be safe, Shiroe found an inconspicuous collapsed house in the suburbs to use as their base, with a view observing the entrance into Susukino.

"There is no need to be on guard right now, Master."

"Even so, there is a fishy atmosphere... Seriously, this place is lifeless..."

Rinne commented and Shiroe nodded in agreement with both their assessments and took out a piece of paper from his pocket. It was a rough sketch of Susukino.

"Susukino has one major road, something like this. The uptown area is in the east, the central square is to the east of this place. As for us," Shiroe drew an arrow. 

"We are going in from the west."

"Can't we meet up outside the city?"

"That's a bad idea shrimp."

"Is that so, Hentaitsugu?"

They each refused to back down, calling each other shrimp and pervert. Rinne sweatdrops and Shiroe only soothed them this time as he explained.

"Our respawn point is in Akiba since that is the last city we visited. If we met up outside and were wiped out in a fight, we would respawn in the Akiba cathedral after some time... but Serara-san would respawn at the Susukino cathedral. So if we meet up outside and get wiped out, we will return to Akiba while Serara-san would stay at Susukino. We will need to start all over, which I want to avoid."

"I understand."

Akatsuki nodded while Naotsugu had a smug 'I told you so' look on his face to annoy Akatsuki.

"Next up is our formation. Akatsuki... I would like you to hide with Sneak and Silent Move, please."

"No 'please', Master."

"Eh? I understand... Naotsugu, Rin, and I, with Akatsuki who is hiding her presence, will enter the city normally and head to the meeting point, an abandoned building. Akatsuki will find a hiding place with a vantage point covering the whole building. Contact me if you see anything."

The serious girl with black hair nodded with a serious expression.

"Naotsugu will guard the entrance. Try to find a spot that overlooks both the road and the interior of the building. Wait there and be prepared for any emergencies inside. Rin and I will go straight into the building, meet up with Serara-san, and escort her out to Naotsugu as fast as possible."

"Okay. Eh? What about the third party who helped?" Naotsugu asked.

"I have not ascertained his identity yet, but I hope he will leave Susukino with us. We will leave his decision to go to Akiba until later."

Shiroe thought for a moment before continuing.

"Onii-chan, judging by the stalking situation that Mary-nee had described, there is a high possibility that Serara-san is in at least one of a Brigandia guild member's friend list..."

It is what Rinne had said, unlike what its name suggested, you did not need approval before adding someone to your friend list. You could determine whether a person on your friend list was online, and you could also check to see if they were in the same zone as you.