Chapter 59

"Conversation~"

Thinking thoughts

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

"Thanks—!"

"Acknowledged, there's five left~"

"Hey, I'm out! Bring some more here!"

On the morning of the second day of the festival, the city was filled with the clamour of activity.

Such a festival was unprecedented. No one was able to grasp the overall situation; not even Charasin, the head of the Production Guild Liaison Committee which oversaw the festival. After all, this festival had been initiated at the behest of the small and medium guilds who had wanted an opportunity to publicize their new products.

Due to the large scale of the festival, the Production Guild Liaison Committee had its hands full. It was easy to assume that the city was in a similar state of chaos.

However, the reality was rather different. This was because the city's Adventurers were filled with spirit and vitality.

In this alternate world, many of the Adventurers did not know what to do with their enhanced capabilities. Or rather, they were just bored. There were two ways they could go about their boredom: fall into depression or, in a case like the festival, help out and work. Because the latter was the default choice, the festival received a large amount of assistance.

Located on 'The Bridge of All-Ages', the main road in Akiba, there was a large tent set up beside the parking space for carriages. Although this structure was called a tent, it was open on all sides, simply consisting of a roof supported by heavy metal struts at its four corners. It served as a simple field HQ.

Members of the Black Sword Knights could be seen constantly coming and going and the person sitting on a folding chair planted in the middle of the tent, sticking out like a sore thumb, was their guild master, "Black Sword" Isaac.

"Give me a drink!"

"There aren't enough Summoners, dispatch some more!"

"There are no more Summoners available, so if you need more manpower, you'll just have to make do with what's available—if you need hot water or ice, go find yourself a Sorcerer."

"We're not just replacements for Summoners, you bastards! Ah, the ice is ready, go on and take it."

In a manner similar to the city's current bustle, the tent was also filled with incessant activity.

Akiba had a handful of combat guilds and Black Sword Knights were one of them. It was famed as the guild exclusive to 'Adventurers of the highest calibre who have been specially selected'. It was also known as a guild that specialized in completing challenging, high-level quests. Most of its members were obviously hardcore gamers and the guild possessed a steadfast unity. This was the impression given to outsiders. However, in truth, they were just a rowdy bunch.

"Hey, you guys are damn noisy!"

A loud coarse voice silenced the warriors' racket. It was the guild master, a Guardian named Isaac, who was famous throughout Akiba. He had a head full of blood-red hair and a confident, contemptuous smile on his face.

"You're really naggy, commander."

"You should just stay in your seat, boss."

"Chief is an idiot; his manner lacks consideration."

The comments made by the people who surrounded him caused Isaac to laugh heartily, as though he had been complimented. This was the way things were in Black Sword Knights. Isaac, who was given reproachful looks by his surrounding subordinates, yelled things such as "Ha! You guys seem rather energetic as usual!".