Chapter 44

"Conversation~"

Thinking thoughts

Author Note: Just a short announcement! I would not be uploading new chapters for the next 2 weeks due to some personal matters to handle. Hence, my next update would be on 29 Nov (T⌓T). The end of my short announcement~~ Enjoy (•‿•)

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

2 days later, Shiroe, who received the report from Naotsugu, knew about the unsteady air surrounding the Sand Leaf peninsula. But he already knew about it earlier during the meeting with the lords of the People of the Land.

Adventurers could communicate with a companion far away via telepathy, the People of the Land also had a form of long-range communication. They held conferences with each other through the use of crystal balls and magic.

People of the Land were able to have long-range conferencing via magic by using crystal balls.

Depending on the time and place, this communication technology was a more powerful weapon than a band of knights. The nobles of the League of Freedom Towns Eastal understood this point and had a personal court magician reside in their land.

The pillaging goblin tribes only roamed in the mountains and wouldn't attack the cities the nobles reside in. Only the small scale communities in the hills and unfortunate travellers would fall victim to them. The first to know of the goblin army was Tsukuba's Marquis Kyriva. The goblins were moving in the hills, so they weren't detected until elements of the goblin's advance forces reached Sand Leaf.

This information was transmitted last night.

Tsukuba's resident magician recognized the seriousness of the situation and contacted Marquis Kyriva immediately. Marquis Kyriva only hesitated a moment before calling for an emergency meeting and escalated the news to Duke Sergiatte. Duke Sergiatte thought the matter was more important than his pride and requested aid from all the attending nobles.

The People of the Land held a meeting out of the blue, so they were in a state of confusion. The goblin army was terrifying in its numbers and this incident was severe enough to impact their governance. The People of the Land held the meeting through the night thinking of countermeasures. There were several reasons why Crusty and the other Adventurers were not invited to this meeting.

First, Crusty and the group from the Round Table Council were not official members of the League of Freedom Towns Eastal yet. There would be a ceremony to officially recognize the Round Table Council joining the League during the 10 days meeting. This had already been scheduled. But the nobles wanted to negotiate as much as possible first, so this ceremony would be held in the latter half of the meeting. But since they had not gone through the ceremony yet, the Round Table Council was not an official member of the League right now.

Second, there were still some members of the League who felt uneasy about the Round Table Council. There were even rumours 'Is the goblin invasion a scheme of the Adventurers?' that was totally, laughably silly. This type of view came from a fact. The goblin tribes in the Owly Hills had always been a headache for the residents in the mountains. But in the past 80 years, they had not come out of the mountains to invade the villages. Even though the residents thought of them as dangerous elements in the hills and feel uneasy, there was no big issue if they live at the foot of the mountain.

The reason the goblins were held at bay in the mountain was that the Adventurers periodically raided them and cut down their numbers. The nobles residing around the Owly mountain ridges knew the importance of inviting Adventurers to diminish the strength of the goblins, so they would put out many quests and rewards annually.