Chapter 58

"Conversation~"

Thinking thoughts

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

On the same night, at a different location, a different pair was working, wallowing in dejection from the amount of work they had to finish.

They were the beautiful duo leading the Crescent Moon Alliance, Maryele and Henrietta. They were constantly giving instructions in preparation for the temporary shop's opening and fashion show the next day.

Crescent Moon Alliance presently had 65 members. Although the Hamelin incident increased their numbers, it was still moderately sized and definitely did not have the manpower to set up stands in the same manner as the three large-scale production guilds.

Then again, it was a little-known fact that this festival was the suggestion of the medium and small guilds.

New ideas did not just come from the large guilds. As long as an artisan with enough skill had inspiration, he or she could come up with all sorts of new products. This was the current Akiba. If such emergent products came from the large guilds, they would be publicized and spread by these large guilds. But if the artisan came from one of the smaller guilds, it would be harder to do the same.

Such points were given much consideration and formed the basis of this Libra Festival.

In other words, by attracting participants and customers in the name of the Libra Festival, not only does it consists of the booths of the small and medium guilds, but even new products could get exposure and popularity from both Adventurer and People of the Land merchants.

Crescent Moon Alliance had been hoping for such an outcome when they registered their booths.

However, what was truly motivating them was plain and simple enthusiasm. Both Maryele and Henrietta worked long hours simply because they hoped to enjoy the cultural festival-like atmosphere. Even though that was the case, they were not going to totally neglect the issue of profits while having fun.

Currently, in Akiba, the small and medium guilds had an opportunity to make a fortune. The small-scale guilds led by Crescent Moon Alliance were all looking forward to this.

Daybreak was just moments away.

The exhausted members of the Crescent Moon Alliance had probably collapsed around various parts of the guildhall. In the centre of the room which the duo was in, there was a table big enough to play ping-pong on with wooden crates piled to its side. Due to the ample space of the new guildhall, it was possible to partition the workspace in such a manner.

After stuffing a shirt that had been dyed with plant dyes into a wooden crate, Maryele stretched and took a deep breath, then began talking with Henrietta.

"I say, shall we finish up?"

"Agreed."

At the other end of the table, Henrietta was examining a modest number of documents. After recording figures on the tally next to her, she attached them to crates.

"Let's end here."

After hearing these words, Maryele gave a long sigh.

The grand opening of the Libra Festival was scheduled for the next day.

In Akiba, there were two main roads, which ran perpendicular to each other, dividing the city into four quarters. The liaison committee allowed stores to set up shop along these streets based on ballot results.

Crescent Moon Alliance had managed to obtain one such store. It was a small booth located at the central junction where they planned to revive Crescent☪Moon. Returning after a long absence, Crescent Burgers would obviously be sold at a substantial discount this time around.