Chapter 22

Brandon's POV:

"So I guess this is it." I said awkwardly. We were standing by the front door, Elizabeth ready to leave. Apparently she had found a new apartment. To tell you the truth, I was a bit disappointed. Ok I AM disappointed that she found a place that quick.

"Yep. This is it." She said back. I could feel the awkwardness hanging in the air.

"It's been a fun, what 3 weeks?"

"2 and a half week, but who's counting." She shrugged. Then we stood there silently.

"Ok why does it feel like we're saying goodbye forever? I'm just moving 20 minutes away. No big deal."

"Yeah. No big deal." I repeated. It was a big deal. It had been the best two weeks ever. Alone in this house is getting too depressing. Charlie would be back soon, so Sophie would also have to go.

"So.. I'll call you when I'm settled in?" Elizabeth said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Uh, yeah, yeah sure." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"Ok bye then." She gave me a salut before getting on the taxi.

I got to get a companion.

******************

Elizabeth's POV:

I can't believe, I Elizabeth Lawrence actually enjoyed staying at Brandon Deveroux's house. I thought I'd never see the day Elizabeth and Brandon can ever get along. But I guess he did change? Maybe I was wrong to judge so fast. Spending time with him was actually bearable.

"Well hello, new apartment." I looked around at the unfamiliar walls, and designs. It's so different from Jack's place. I use to think of that place as home, a place to escape all my worries, a place where I'm always comfortable. Now, after going back to get all my stuff, that place I use to call home is now just another apartment for me. This is my new home now. My own place where I can do anything I want, and not get yelled at for colouring the walls purple, or hanging paintings on the wall.

It's my home.

___________________

"Hey, I'm all settled."

"That fast? Wow."

I promised to call Brandon when I'm a settled. I just called to keep my promise.

"Yep, I'm a fast unpacker." I joked. Ok, where the hell did that lame joke came from. He chuckled, which relieved me from my embarrassment. At least he thinks it's funny.

"Well, I should come over sometimes to check the place out."

"Sure why not." I shrugged.

"Well, I got to go. I think May's cat is doing something suspicious. Got to investigate. That cat."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Ok, Sherlock."

"Bye." He chuckled.

"Bye," I replied.

I looked around my new apartment once again. Wow, I'm alone, completely alone. A feeling of sadness and strangely relief washed over me.

I looked at the clock and realized it was almost 7 pm, which means time to start cooking dinner.

"Hmm let's see what groceries I picked out," I said to myself, as I opened the shopping bags. "Microwavable, microwavable, oh and look microwavable. Perfect."

I didn't really have time to go grocery shopping, so I just took a couple of frozen food boxes to sustain my hunger for a few days.

I was waiting for the microwave to finish microwaving my food when unexpectedly, my doorbell rang. Who could that be? I didn't expect any visitors.

"Hello," I said politely as I open the door.

"Hello dearie, how do you like your apartment so far?" It was my landlord,  She's a nice old lady with a sweet face. Any person would feel like they're with their grandmother when she's around.

"I love it! It's beautiful, and peaceful. It's everything that I wanted it to be." I commented. It's so nice of her to ask.

"Well, that's good to hear. I just wanted to welcome you and say that if you have any trouble or have questions, don't hesitate to ask."

"Wow thank you so much. I will, but I hope I won't have any problems, don't want to trouble you."

"Oh, non sense dearie." She said waving her hand back and forth. "Well, I've to go feed my cats now, have a great day."

"Thank you, you too," I replied with a smile. Such a nice lady.