Chapter 1

Elizabeth's POV:

"Hey, I just got off the phone with May. She said she's doing really well. She even had the chance to go sightseeing." Charlie said. When I walked in, he had just finished talking on the phone.

"I missed talking to her. If I just arrived 2 minutes earlier, I could've spoken to her." I said, feeling bummed.

"Don't be hard on yourself, even I only had like 10 minutes to talk to her. She said she has to go back to work. She sounded really busy. But she'll call when she has time. And I'll remind her to call you, promise." He said reassuring me.

"Ok, thanks." I said, taking a seat on the couch next to him. "Here I got you, your favorite chocolate bar." I said, handing him a galaxy dark chocolate bar.

"Oh, thanks." He said looking at the chocolate bar, with a smile. Then he stopped and looked at me with a suspicious look on his face.

"Ok, what do you want?" He asked.

I gasped, feeling offended. "Why would you think I want something?"

"Oh come on." He gave me a straight face.

"I don't- I- I-." I stuttered, trying to find some excuse. "Ok, fine, I need your help." I sighed, giving in.

He nodded, like he had expected my answer. "I need you to drive me to Saratoga." I said, pouting. Hoping that would convince him.

"Saratoga?! As in California?" He asked, totally taken aback. "That's like 3 hours from here. Besides, don't you have your boyfriend for that?"

"He doesn't want to. He said he's too tired." I said, with a hint of annoyance in my voice. I looked at him again.

I nodded my head slowly. "Please." I begged once more.

He looked at me for a moment. Then sighed, as a gesture of giving in.

"And why would you need to go there?" He asked. I sat up and gave a wide grin.

"Is that a yes?" I raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, and sighed again. "You're lucky I have no plans today. If you came in a minute late, I would've already made plans with Brandon." He said.

"Lucky me then." I smiled. Although I knew he was bluffing. He shook his head.

"Shall we go?" I asked. I really need to get there in time.

"Like now?" He asked.

"Yeah, now." I nodded my head.

"Fine, hold on." He said going to his room. I waited patiently, for him to get ready. When he finally got out, I jumped from my seat, and headed towards the door. I had to drag him out, because he was taking too long.

"We don't want to be late." I said.

"Ok, ok, wait." He said, trying to put his left shoe on. "Why do we need to hurry anyway?"

_____________________________

"Ok, now that we're here. Would you mind telling me why we need to be here?" Charlie asked, for like the 100th time.

"It's my little brother's birthday. He's turning 5, and he wanted a birthday party for as long as I can remember, and now we have the money to throw him an awesome one. I can't miss it." I said. "Does that sum it up for you?"

"I guess." He said.

"Ok then." I said. Then I got out of the car. I darted to my house, not wanting to wait any longer. I love my little brother. And I have worked hard to help put this party together. I can't miss this.