Chapter 23

Mayleen's POV:

"I can't believe you're leaving already." I said. I was trying my best to hold back my tears, but I guess he saw right through me.

"Hey, its ok. I promise if I have time, and is not too busy with school, I'll visit again ok?" He said wrapping his hands around me. I pressed my head harder onto his chest and tighten my grip on his shirt. Don't cry May. You'll see him again.

"I love you." I whispered, half sobbing.

"I love you too." He said. He kissed the top of my head, and stayed there for a minute, before finally letting go.

"Don't forget to call me when you get there." I yelled after him, waving my hands.

He turned around and smiled. "You better pick up." He joked.

I smiled and shook my head. He waved before getting onto the jetway.

I watched him as he boarded the plane, and took off.
______________

I decided to go and get Starbucks to cheer myself up. Starbucks always cheers me up.

I sat on one of the tables, and played with my cup of coffee.

My eyes wandered around the room.

Couples. Couples. Business meeting. Couples. Group of high school friends. Couples... What are those girls looking and giggling at?

I followed their gaze and sat up. You won't believe who it is.

Yep. My boss. The only other loner here, besides me.

He was leaning against the counter waiting for his drink while frowning at his phone. And guess what's he wearing. Yep, his business suit.

Well since I've got nothing to do here...

"Well isn't this really a small world after all." I joked, crossing my hands across my chest while holding my coffee.

He turned away from his phone and looked at me. His expression didn't change at all. Isn't he tired of always looking so cold?

"Ms. Campbell." He nodded his head and went back to frowning at his phone.

"Well nice to see you too," I said sarcastically trying to mimic his voice while rolling my eyes.

"Pardon?" He asked.

"Oh nevermind. So what are you doing here? Are you stalking me or something?"

"No, I just finished accompanying one of my dad's friend to the airport." He answered seriously.

"Oh. What a coincidence." I sarcastically side marked.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing." I sighed and smiled. "Well, I'll leave you alone now. Must go back to drinking my coffee." I held up my coffee for him to see, and went back to my seat.

I waited for any text messages from Charlie. But that would be impossible since no one is allowed to text on a plane. I sighed.

Suddenly a big shadow stood over me. I looked up to see who it was.

"Ok, what now?" I mumbled quietly.

"Since you're here, I was wondering if you could help me with another presentation." He said rubbing the back of his neck. "The last one wasn't so bad."

I raised an eyebrow. "Wasn't so bad? I pratically nailed it." I said feeling offended. He didn't even give me enough credit, and now he wants my help?