Chapter 16

Brandon's POV:

Ding dong

I hurried up my pace. The doorbell kept on ringing. Geez, this person is not a patient one.

"Hold your horses, I'm coming!" I yelled loud enough, to make sure the person can hear. The ringing didn't stop. I groaned.

"What's so important that you have to ke-" I said as I opened the door, but stopped when I saw who it was. It took me by surprise.

"Lasagna and wine?" She said holding up the items in her hand, with a smile on her face. Well, more of a forced smile.

"Uh-" I couldn't speak.

"Great!" She said coming in.

"Come in?" Yeah, like that's necessary.

"Where's the kitchen?" She chirped. I pointed towards the kitchen, still shocked. She immediately walked there and set the food down. She went to the cupboard and grabbed two glasses. I followed her to the kitchen. Then I realized that she came here. She could've gone anywhere, and she went here. I wonder why? That confusion turned into a smirk.

"So.. What is the famous Elizabeth Lawrence doing here?" I asked smugly.

"Ugh, trust me I had no choice." She said rolling her eyes, when she saw me smirk.

"Ok, whatever you say." I held my hands up in surrender. "Homemade?" I asked. She nodded while pouring wine into the glasses. I rubbed my hands together, it's been a long time since I had homecooked meal. Too lazy to cook.

We sat down on the dining table, opposite from each other. We ate quietly. Which was so awkward. She kept quiet and never took her eyes off her food. Most of the time it's like her mind wandered off to some faraway place. After a while, I couldn't handle the quiet atmosphere anymore.

"You haven't answered why you're here," I spoke.

She didn't answer. I cleared my throat and repeated the question.

She sighed, and looked at me. "Well obviously, May is in London, Charlie apparently went there as well, and my parents are too far away for me to  go to. I wouldn't be able to afford the taxi fare."

"I meant WHY are you here," I said. I don't think she got the question.

She didn't answer. Instead, she looked back down at her almost finished lasagna.

"Hello?" I asked, just making sure her head is still on this planet. She sighed. What is with her and the constant sighing.

She mumbled something, but I couldn't understand what she said.

"What? I didn't hear you clearly." I asked again. Suddenly out of nowhere she dropped her utensils to each side of the plate, and stood up, pushing the chair back. Woah, what's wrong with her?

"I BROKE UP WITH JACK OK!" She exclaimed. Then she angrily walked away.. to the sofa. Good thing it wasn't the sofa where Sophie did, well, her business on.

Woah, no wonder she's grumpier than usual. I took the wine bottle and the wine glasses and followed her to the sofa.

"Here I think you'll need this," I said setting all the items down on the coffee table. I poured wine on both the glasses, then sat down. She instantly took one of the glasses and starts drinking from it real fast. Damn.

"Woah slow down there." I joked. It didn't lighten the tension at all. I kept quiet.

"I didn't want to be alone. It just depresses me more." She blurted out quietly.