Chapter Three - Opening up

It was the day of Chris' party and I was feeling increasingly nervous as the day went on. Robert had given me the day off, as he had to fly out of town on business and so it meant I would be attending the party with no familiar faces. I had tried to convince myself to not get too carried away with the alcohol tonight too, knowing that I'm very good at making bad decisions and seeing as half of the guests were Robert's co-stars, I couldn't afford to accidently bring someone home. No, tonight was about getting to know Robert's friends and the people I would be spending the next few months around. 

I flicked through the contents of my wardrobe, eyeing up my outfit options and deciding to go a little casual, with a little sexiness but more tame than I usually would be on a night out. I pulled out a pair of waist high, black, ripped, skinny jeans and slipped them on, along with a black, lacy, bralette style crop top that showed off my cleavage and left a large area of bare skin between the bottom of the lace and the jeans. I finished off by slipping on some red converse and got to work on my makeup. I opted for a dark, smoky eye look and red lipstick, my hair was left loose, hanging down onto my back. 

I was feeling pretty confident in my appearance as I twirled myself back and forth in front of my mirror, a little gutted that I couldn't use this outfit to it's full potential and try to get myself laid. Chris told me that the party started at 8 and had given me his address details and so at 8.05, my taxi pulled up outside his stunning house. There were walls practically completely made of glass and it was completely secluded, surrounded my tall trees and bushes that seemed to separate it from the surrounding area. 

I took a deep breath before knocking on the door three times. Looking around anxiously on the door stop as I patiently waited for someone to answer. It was a little odd, I couldn't hear any music and no chatter at all really, just a couple of feint voices. 

The door finally opened and Chris stood gazing down at me a little confused. He looked incredible, wearing a pair of black jeans and a long sleeve, grey t-shirt with black sleeves. It clung to his torso, giving a clear view of his abs underneath.

"Hey Y/N." Chris said with an eyebrow raised. I started to panic thinking I'd gotten the wrong day, or maybe he'd forgotten he invited me. 

"Hey...did you...uhh...you seem a little surprised to see me?" I finally stuttered out. 

"No, no! Not surprised to see you, sorry." He said frantically, "Just surprised you're here so early. Come in, please." He opened the door wide and at the very back of the open plan house I could see another man sat on a couch. 

"You said 8 right?" I queried as I stepped into the house.

"Yeah I did, it's just, when you tell people 8, no one actually turns up until at least 9." He chuckled.

"Ahhh, shit, sorry. I lived in England for a long time. They are very punctual there, I guess I kind of picked up the habit." I laughed nervously, "Do you want me to go and come back in an hour?" 

"No, of course not." He laughed, "Come on, let's get you a drink."

He led me into the first part of the open plan bottom floor, where a large kitchen sat. Counter tops ran down the left side and a large island sat in the middle with bar stools sat up against it, opposite the island was a staircase that I assume led to the upper floor. Over at the far end of the large space was a couple of sofas and a large TV, facing them on the left side was a dining table with a few high backed chairs lay around it. The large glass wall spanned along the length of the living area and around to the dining room, revealing a view of his large garden at the back of the house and a stunning pool on the left side. 

"What do you want to drink?" Chris asked, pulling me back into reality as I drew my attention back to him. 

"Uhh...beer please." I replied softly, smiling at him.