Chapter Ten - New Plan

I slowly slipped back into reality the following morning with a skull crushing ache in my brain. 

"Oww." I groaned, clutching my hand to my forehead as I slipped out from the bed. It wasn't until the cold air hit my core that I realised I wasn't wearing underwear and the images from last night came rushing back into my brain. 

"Shit. Fuck." I grunted to myself as I ran to my closet and threw on some panties, a pair of black leggings and a baggy tie dye hoody. What the hell was I thinking? Why did I let Chris do that? I started frantically pacing up and down my room as my mind spiralled out of control. 

I'm going to have to find somewhere else to live, I'll need to leave my job, I'm going to lose Chris.

"Fuuuckkkk!" I moaned as I dropped onto the edge of my bed. I was in desperate need of guidance and so I grabbed my phone from the bed and sent a message to the only person who would be able to help.

'Y/N - Soph, I fucked up, Help me!' 

I chewed on my finger nails anxiously as I waited for a response. 

' Sophie - Are you okay? What happened?'

'Y/N - Remember the rule I told you about, from my brother?'

'Sophie - Fuck, please tell me you didn't?'

'Y/N - I did. I screwed up. I was drunk, so was he, now I don't know what to do.'

'Sophie - Does he remember?'

'Y/N - I don't know, I haven't seen him yet.'

'Sophie - Okay, calm down. He may not even remember, maybe you should just ignore it, pretend it never happened. Even if he remembers, he'll think you don't and probably won't say anything.'

'Y/N - Do you really think that would work?'

'Sophie - Worth a try!'

'Y/N - Better than the alternative I suppose! Wish me luck!'

'Sophie - Good luck! Also, I miss your face! As soon as you have a few days off, you are staying at mine and we are going out, no arguments!'

'Y/N - Sounds good to me! Love you'

'Sophie - Love you more.'

I let myself take a few deep breathes, before getting up from the bed. I would just ignore it and hope he didn't remember. I would do just about anything to make sure I didn't lose him. I made my way downstairs into the kitchen, skipping straight over to the cabinet to grab some pain relief and a glass of water. 

"Morning Beautiful." Chris said from the couch, sipping on a cup of coffee as he read the paper. 

"Uhh...morning dickhead." I stuttered, doing my best to act as normal as possible. I quickly swallowed the pain relief, washing them down with the water before placing the glass back down on the counter and turning my attention to making a coffee. My heart was pounding, I could see Chris staring at me from where he sat, sucking his bottom lip into his mouth. That didn't mean he remembered though right? He always looked at me like that, so why was it making me so nervous today?

I clutched at a mug and lifted the coffee pot, pouring the delicious smelling liquid into the cup.

"Do you want a refill?" I asked calmly, doing my best not to gaze directly at his gorgeous face in case it set me off.