chapter 22

"So shat did he want?" Naruto asked.

"Thankfully he doesn't suspect me. He thinks that I'm deceiving you guys. He also has agreed to help the leaf with the seal and he won't take you guys." I explained.

"That's good. In ways." Gaara said.

"I told him I'd take care of you two. So he won't be trying to kill you guys anytime soon." I told them. "Man I'm good at this."

"Even shikamaru couldn't think this that thoroughly." Sakura said still stunned.

"I know, that's what scares me. The fact that I might be smarter than him." I said playfully.

"I don't get it...." Naruto said.

"What are you saying naruto?"

"I don't get how you can be so calm, about all of this." Naruto said almost guiltily. "Don't you get worried you'll be found out?"

"Naruto I'm always worried. I'm just good at hiding my emotions." I said with a much more serious tone.

"Its getting late. We should set up camp." Sakura said breaking the silence that followed my words.

"Good idea." I said. Everyone then set up their tent. Gaara had made a sand dome for him.

"That's a cool power lord gaara." Sakura said.

"I've been able to do this sinse I was a child. Controling sand has become second nature to me." Gaara said sitting by the fire I'd made.

"Like how controlling fire has become second nature to me." I said making the flames flicker into the shape of running wolves and falcons. After the image faded I turned it into a roaring lion.

"Woah! That's amazing!" Naruto said wide eyed.

"Its very simple, and fun." I said as I turned the flames into dancing satrs like in narnia. Gaara then added a few dancing sand figures making the fire crackle.

"I haven't had this much fun in years..." Sasuke said.

"Me neither." I said. "This definatly beats the time at the library." I joked.

"Huh?" Naruto asked.

I then explained the little chakra fun sasuke and I had at the library. "That was the first bit of fun I'd had." I finished.

"That does sound like fun." Sakura said.

"Yeah, and the librarian didn't even yell at us." I said. "Did Ino, hinata, neji, or choji tell you about what happened with the kids."

"Kids??" Naruto asked confused.

"Don't people tell you anything." I said. "Well these two children miku and takshi, came to mine and sasukes room at the inn we were staying at covered in bruises. When I'd asked what happened they said their father had abused them, takshi had gotten hurt so badly he can no longer speak. But I beat the crap outta their father the next day." I explained briefly.

"So those were the two kids they came back with." Sakura said. "When I'd asked they said they didn't want to talk about it."

"Well, I hope I get to see them when we get back." Sasuke said. "I hope they're doing okay. No kid should have to go through that."

" so gaara, care to share any memories with us?" I asked looking at him.

"I only have painful memories to share..." Gaara said.

"Now now we all know that's not true. How about the chunine exams....while fighting rock lee, and sasuke." I said.

"Well, I guess those memories aren't as sad. I did enjoy fighting with you. But my mind was clouded thinking everyone in this world was bad, and evil." Gaara said in a sad voice. "Then I met naruto and he made me realize I wasn't alone. He shared my pain and sorrow and became my only friend. Followed my many."

"Well said gaara. Well said." I complimented. "Well I don't know about you guys but I think its time we hit the hay."

"I agree." Gaara said. Everyone then got up and went to their tents.

Just before I was about to get to sleep sasuke asked a question witch surprised me a little. "Elizabeth, you do knhowhow dangerous this seal is right?" He asked.

"Yeah, I know. And chances are I could die, again. But that is a risk I'm willing to take for the ones I love." I said to him.

"But I can't lose you. I couldn't bare it....."

"Sasuke. I know its hard, and I know its a lot......but you need to trust me." I said.

"Elizabeth, your the only one who has shared my pain, even if your from another world..........tell you the truth I like this you than before, your more understanding, smart, wise, and kinder even." Sasuke said with sadness filling his words. "If I were to lose you I don't know why I'd still be breathing.....I'd have no purpose of living."

"Sasuke." I said sternly to him. "Don't you dare say that! You mean a lot to all of us. To me, to naruto, to sakura, everyone. Sasuke we all love you, you mean more to everyone than you realize."

Sasuke looked up but didn't respond.

"Sasuke, your a brother figure to naruto and sakura. And a lover figure to me." I told him putting my hand on his shoulder. "Sasuke, I might be from another world where your a drawing but I feel only more love for you here than there. naruto, he always thought of you as a brother. Sakura, she saw you as that one person who would listen and understand her, like a best friend."

"But you're the most precious thing we all hold. We'd be lost without you...." Sasuke said.

"Listen to me sasuke." I started. "I have always loved you and I will not let death take me again. Not now, not ever. I wanted to die in the other world, because I felt so alone........but here, I'm free, I'm truly home."

"E....elizabeth......." Was all sasuke could say as I held him close. This time I was the one comforting him. He wrapped his arms around me slowly and held me tightly. I felt a slight tear land on my neck as we held each other.

The Next day oruchmiaru popped back in my head.

"Your so lucky I'm gonna let you use my chakra...." His voice echoed.

Well I might die, again. So I might not be the lucky one. I told him with a serious tone.

"So you are willing to die for a second time for those brats. My my how the mighty have fallen. But at leased I get some entertainment."

Just shut up oruchimaru. I said now with sadness in my tone.

"Hey, look a town!" Sakura said.

"Cool! Now we can relax. My feet are killing me...." Naruto whinned.

"A little rest would be nice." I commented without happiness.

"Sinse when did this mood strike your face?" Sakura asked.

"I'm just thinking. About the seal and stuff." I told them. I'm sorry everyone......