chapter 24

A month passed and I never left my bed. I simply didn't want to get up, I was sad that itachi had died, he deserved to live. I may have just saved the world but I lost my brother, as did sasuke. Oruchimaru didn't do anything, letting me moarn itachi peacefully. I was glad of this, for after I'd move on he'd make me experience great pain as a price for his assistance. I didn't care.

While making something to eat I heard a knock on the door. I called to let them in. It was sasuke. "Hey," he said.

"Hi," I replied. we walked up to each other and sasuke wrapped his arms around me. My arms were between his chest and mine, I rested my head on his chest as he held me. He ran his hands down through my long hair to comfort me. He pulled away after a few minutes to kiss me. His soft lips met mine gently as he hugged me tighter. Sasuke then pulled completely away as someone knocked on the door.

I walked over to see sakura.

"Lady tsunade wants to see you and sasuke." She said. She had a wide smile on her face. "You very much deserve this mission."

"We're on our way." I said.

At the hokages house we walked inside.

"I am assigning you two an S rank mission," tsunade said happily. "You guys are ordered to leave the village and relax. And you are not to return for a month, you both have suffered a great loss and deserve a long overdue vacation."

"A vacation mission?" I asked her.

"Yes. You both greatly deserve it, you may travel and do whatever you please. You cannot return unless absolutely necessary." She explained. "Now go. Don't let me keep you."

"Why is it an S rank? Its just relaxing." I said.

"Because that's how important it is that you get a vacation." She replied finishing the conversation.

"Thanks, we'll leave now." I said as I sluggishly left, sasuke followed.

Sasuke and I met at the gate 10 minutes later. "So where to first?" He asked.

"I don't know. We can go anywhere, but where to start....." I trailed off, sadness in my voice.

" hey," sasuke said lifting my head, "Dont let itachis death get to you like this. At some point in time we'll need to move on."

"I know, sasuke. The same thing happened to me in the other world, when I had learned he died, I couldn't talk for 3 months. I barely left my house. But I did eventually move on." I said to him. "Thank you. I won't let depression and sadness fill me again."

"That's my girl." Sasuke said with a light smile as we began walking. "So, what to do first..."

"I guess we could go to the hidden sand. See how lord gaara is holding up." I said.

"That sounds great." Sasuke agreed.

"Yeah, plus, the last time we saw him was at his birth day party. We never gave him a gift." I said trying to smile.

"What should we get him?"

"I have an idea..." I said. "Maybe I could make something out of glass, something that represents the sands and the leafs ties."

"Hey here's an idea, how about a hallow sphere with a leaf and some sand in it. And a jutsu so they stay swirling together." Sasuke suggested.

"I was thinking a flame in the shape of some dancing figures to represent the land of fire. And a sand figure dancing with it, to represent the desert." I explained.

"That's a better idea." Sasuke admitted.

"Okay, I'll make it when we reach the desert." I said to him.