9 - Internships Pt. 3

"W-w-w-......djwoedneowwkw...." Deku began to foam at the mouth, before slumping over onto the ground. Well almost. Shoka managed to catch him in time, but unfortunately, some of his slobber got onto her back. It didn't affect her cold demeanor, but it definitely did annoy her that he was so socially awkward.

'Sorry Fuyumi. I think that crush was just a fling.'

"HEY! WILL YA TWO QUIT SUCKING FACE BACK THERE AND HURRY UP! I SHOULD'VE LISTENED TO ALL MIGHT WHEN HE MENTIONED YOU TWO!" Shoka gained a shade of red and dropped Izuku to the ground, making him hit his face hard on the pavement. She began speed walking toward Gran Torino, while Tokoyami had Dark Shadow pick up the unconscious Deku.

"As I said to All Might, they ignore the hands of fate." Gran Torino looked at Dark Shadow, slightly mesmerized by the impressive monster.

"Is that your quirk, Tokoyami?" The bird head nodded.

"Yes. He is an entity that I can control. Though I have serious trouble containing him during the night, when there are no lights."

"I see. So when we do patrols, we'll stay more towards the city. And if need be, we'll have Todoroki use her flames to calm him down." Shoka went to protest this, but Gran Torino gave her the old man glare. "You will learn how to use and control your flames Todoroki. None of this bs, that you won't use it due to who your father is.......maybe now, who was. Understand?"

".....yes sir." Torino nodded and turned to keep walking.

"Psst Tokoyami."

"What is it Dark Shadow."

"This kid is getting drool all over me."

"Punishment for eating all the peanut butter." Dark Shadow groaned, while Tokoyami chuckled. The two walked after their elder, while Izuku laid, still unconscious in the demon's hands.

"Apologies for these two sir."

"It's quite alright. I've had-"

Torino slammed his fist into a high school Toshinori's stomach.

"-...rowdy students before." Tokoyami closed his eyes and gave a slight nod.

"I see. I promise to cause you no trouble." Torino smiled at the respect Tokoyami was giving him. He always was a little biased against this new generation. Y'know, since he was an old man.

"Very well. Now, here we are." The two students stopped in their tracks, looking up at an older, slightly run down, apartment style building. Shoka and Tokoyami looked up, weirded out by how a pro hero, could be living in a shack like this.

"You damn entitled kids! Not all pros need to live like millionaires! You're here to train, not to get a spa treatment!" The two shuddered at his words, honestly getting nervous with how intense he was. They decided to just follow him inside and not say another word.

Once inside, the place looked much more inviting and cozy. It took all of the initial shock away, and actually left them feeling quite humble. Guess it really is the inside that matters.

"There are only two bedrooms in this apartment. Which means, you lot will have to share a room. I know you two boys are responsible and respectful, so I won't threaten you about treating Todoroki with respect." Tokoyami, and a now conscious but light headed Izuku, agreed and bowed. "Good. Now get your costumes on. We're going to start training now."

"Yes sir!" They all shouted, before going to change into their costumes. Once they were put of sight, Torino sighed and placed his head in his hand.