10 - A Stain on Life

The moments following Tomura's death, were wrought with confusion, anger, and sadness. Kurogiri, who wasn't present at the time, came back to find the charred remains of the person he was supposed to protect. It broke him in two. He had grown to care for Tomura, almost like he was a son. Now he was gone. In an instant, he lay on the ground, corpse barely recognizable, lifeless in Kurogiri's arms.

The warping man, searched around for the culprit who did this. He knew it was Dabi or Endeavor, seeing how they were the only fire users he knew of. Sadly, neither were in sight. The only person he saw there, was a dirty blond man, with a noticeable scar on his forehead. He was standing there, staring at Kurogiri, shock covering his face.

Kurogiri recognized him as one of Sukio's lackeys, but this was a little odd. The man of corruption wasn't present, yet this man still was. It was definitely confusing. Why would Sukio leave a man behind? Especially one he was in control of.

"This.......is my fault....." Twice said, in disbelief at the destruction and carnage, laid before him. Kurogiri tried to calm him, knowing.....or thinking....this wasn't his fault.

"No. This was the work of Endea-"

"IT WAS MY FAULT DAMMIT! THAT WASN'T HIS WIFE!" The voices eyes widened. "IT WAS A CLONE I MADE OF HER, TO FORCE HIM TO JOIN! BUT NOW LOOK! PEOPLE ARE DEAD! SHIGARAKI IS DEAD! BECAUSE I LET MYSELF BE CONTROLLED!"

"You mustn't be too harsh on yourself. You were under his control. His quirk is volatile and demonic. You didn't know what you were doing."

"WE'VE GOT TWO SOULS OVER HERE!" Kurogiri saw the authorities coming their way. Knowing they would recognize him from the USJ, due to descriptions, he grabbed Twice and warped them out of there. He managed to bring the burnt remains of Shigaraki as well, leaving hardly any trace behind.

"Wait! Wasnt that the villain from the USJ?!"

"He matched the description given by All Might!" The officers and firefighters inspected the area, checking all of the charred furniture and blasted brick.

"Shit, I think it was." One officer found a piece of clothing, that was lying on the ground near the wall. He walked over to it and picked it up, his stomach dropping when he recognized it.

"Hey.......isn't this......Endeavor's costume?" The others made their way to him, and they all had similar reactions. "No......don't tell me......"

"......Endeavor did this."

....

"OOOOF!"

You would think that mastering a new technique, that allows you to move faster than the eye can see, would allow you to beat an old man. In Izuku's case, yeah no. It ain't happening. He keeps getting brutalized, over and over and over.

He's not the only one. Tokoyami and Shoka, both were also on receiving ends of beatdowns. Torino was not playing around with any of them. Judging by the fact that he only had one more night to train them, before they went to Hawks, he didn't take any chances. Though his brutality, has yielded some results.

Izuku managed to figure out what One for All was trying to do, and he replicated the sensation. Spreading the power around his body, so he could utilize its full potential. Though he still didn't understand how it activated itself, he was still able to use that curiosity and turn it into knowledge. He only could manage about ten percent in this form, but it was still progress. A new technique he dubbed, Full-Cowling.

For Tokoyami, his boost in skills and attributes, has actually been the most significant. Not only has his control of Dark Shadow improved, but with him now using it to cover his body, his close range abilities have skyrocketed. He speed and strength, increased immensely, alongside his reaction time and decision making capabilities. It wasn't perfect by any stretch, but it was a million times better than what he was before.