Chapter Three

~Amara waited for Braden in the hallway between their dorms after wake up. Already up for an hour, she hated her life less now than at 4am. PT started at 5:30 and she had told Braden to meet at 5:10. Now 5:12 she let out a growl.

"I said."

She began to mumble.

"I know what you said."

Braden appeared beside her fixing his bag on his shoulder. Amara growled again glaring at him.

"Then why are you late?"

His eyes narrowed on hers and she watched his fist close around his bag strap.

"I have no answer that will do any justice. I am here now."

"I see that. Let's go. I'd like to get a good spot for our run."

Amara lead him outside to the front gate where all PT started. Akina jogged over smiling at her, a short pale male followed her.

"Hey Mara, this is Max my pair."

Max smiled and waved to them.

"Hey."

"We've been friends since Pawns. I'm so happy to be paired with him!"

Akina squeaked.

"We are going to be the best team."

"Uh...best team...ever."

Max corrected laughing. Amara rolled her eyes and looked over at Braden. He stood still just listening.

"Anyways, who's this?"

Amara blinked at Akina.

"Who...oh..."

"I'm Braden."

He held his hand out to Max then Akina. Amara crossed her arms and said.

"Head Master thought it be a good idea to pair me with him."

Akina laughed then said.

"Relax Mara. We are here. We are Wulffram. We are almost done. Be happy."

"I'll be happy when that certificate is in my-"

"Morning all."

Professor Brutus appeared breaking them apart.

"Forgive me for intruding on social hour but, I'm pretty sure we line up not waltz about. Also and correct me if I'm wrong but, aren't we supposed to be in our pelts this morning?"

Amara shifted into her full Lycan form and bowed her head. Brutus growled watching everyone else change then said.

"We are Wulffram now students. Let's act like it. Get in line."

><

~Morning PT consisted of a mile walk to warm everyone up, and finished with a 2 mile sprint. They ran in their full form to bond with other students as well as train their most powerful form. Amara trained from a child to run. Her endurance was high and her movements swift. PT was probably her favorite class.
As they came to the sprint portion the lines became thinner as paws moved quickly. Amara could feel Braden trailing behind her, slightly surprised he was able to keep up with her pace.
PT came to an end and Amara lead Braden back towards the school. He jogged to catch up after fixing his bag.

"Are you going to speak to me at all?"

Amara asked looking back at him. He remained in his pelt from PT while she stood human. Braden glanced at her joining her inside.