Chapter Two

+Braden readied himself for the Sunday school meeting after breakfast. He dressed in his new black uniforms and gazed at himself in the mirror. Black was much better color for him. He stood tall gazing at his scar over his nose. Solid and strong, he looked the part of a Protector.
His mind wandered back to this morning. Often he was stared at but never by a female. Bronx knew her from his play thing Akina. Said was a golden spoon type of Lycan. Full of family graduates and pride.
Braden grunted and shook his head. He had other things happening today. At the meeting this morning all of the new Wulffram would finally know who they are pairing with for their last year. He was anxious about that too. This whole time enrolled this was the time he wasn't going to enjoy. He liked working alone and felt it was easier not to care or have to watch after someone else.
He finished and left his room, ready to hear who Kodiak had chosen for him.

><

Arriving at the giant auditorium Braden was stopped by Professor Brutus just outside the old wooden doors.

"Fury."

Brutus sounded harsh.

"I want you to know I had nothing to do with your pairing."

"Sir?"

Braden quizzed. Brutus let out a small growl and glanced over towards their Head Master.

"I favored a different choice for you and that's all I'm going to say about this. If you need assistance I am always around."

With the end of Brutus's words Kodiak appeared beside them.

"Why hello there Wulffram Fury. Excited for your future to start?"

"I am sir."

Braden answered nodding.

"Ready for my pairing."

"Ah yes. my favorite time of year."

Kodiak smiled ruffling his fur.

"You know some of my pairs are still working together. Ah the Lycan race. So easily we work together but too hardheaded to do it ourselves sometimes. As for you Brutus."

His eyes narrowed on him.

"I appreciate your input for my pairs. My right paw some may say."

Brutus bowed his head but Braden could sense he was angry.

"As always I am happy to assist Rodan any way I can. You may go Wulffram."

Braden bowed once more then went inside. He made his way upstairs to the extra seats and found Bronx and James holding a seat for him.

"Come on Bray. We are just above the Whelps here."

Bronx called.

"We're gonna drop peanuts on them."

James piped up. Braden joined them, uninterested in the hazing of Whelps.

"Ready for your pairing?"

He asked sitting between them. James nodding gazing down below them.

"Yeah, Bronx wants to be pair with his girlfriend but you know Head Master will not allow that."

Bronx smiled letting out a low growl.

"He knows we'd be too busy to do our duties properly. I've never been to a better place to find girls. I mean look around us. Lean, mean, ready and willing to fight females everywhere? It's like heaven."

"More like hell if any of them find out they are not the only one."

James nudged Bronx laughing. Braden sat quiet between them just awaiting his pairing.
Few minutes went by and Kodiak finally stepped up on the stage below them.