Chapter Ten

Exam time at Rodan was a long and grueling process. All normal classes suspended including PT. Each student had to obtain 13 certifications before graduating. Each class had different exams. Some written others live tests. 3 precertification's were needed before starting the major exams. A physical training live test and a survival test were first. Then a written exam for their Basic class. Writing out the first 100yrs of the Lycan race on paper.
After that was Medical, Hand to Hand, Hand to Paw, Hunting, then finally Protection. Most students looked forward to the Hand to Paw final exam. The final exam in that class was a game of King of the Hill. Pairs would face other pairs and see who could last the longest atop an old weathered tree stump. The longest time on record was sixteen minutes. Held by Professor Brutus and his pair from his time attending the school.
It took a full month to finish all the exams. If any were left untaken by the end of the month, the student would have to wait until after graduation to retake their exams.

Amara stayed in Braden's room only over the weekends. She figured they both still needed their privacy and it was something to look forwards to for the weekend. Sometimes they'd play cards with James and Bronx before bed. Other times her and Braden laid wrapped in each other for hours alone.

~Only a month was left now. Spring had finally arrived and the school grounds sang with excitement during the week. The weekend before exams finally came and the entire school took a sigh of relief. They had made it. All of them. Amara was so proud of herself, and Braden. They had worked so hard for 5 years for this. Cloud nine was not high enough.
Friday night Amara played cards with Braden, James, Bronx, and Akina before happily going to bed with Braden. He usually won but never rubbed it in or teased anyway. Amara kind of counted it as her winning too, since he was her pair. They started their last game for the night and Bronx spoke up.

"So me and Akina's parents are meeting when we graduate."

"When's the wedding?"

James teased. Akina shoved him and growled.

"Shut up. Few years."

"Are you nervous?"

Amara asked looking over at Bronx. He shook his head no and said.

"Nope. Nothing either of our families could say will change how I feel about Akina."

He looked over at Akina and smiled.

"I love her."

Amara watched Akina blush and lean her head against Bronx's shoulder.

"Stop babe..."

"Never."

"Ugh."

James threw his hands in the air saying.

"Being a third wheel sucks. Too many emotions. Can we play?"

"Yes lets."

><

+They finished their game and Braden was happy to finally go to bed. He was anxious about exams and he knew as soon as he got Amara in his arms he would feel better. She followed him into his room and shut the door behind her.

"Oh thank god."

Amara sighed heavily leaning back against the door. Braden smiled and turned his light on.

"Tired?"

"No."

She turned her back to him and said.

"I want to be with you. Turn around so we can change."

"Alright."

Braden turned his back to her like they always did to dress for bed. He just finished putting his shorts on when he heard Amara speak.