Chapter Four

~A month went by before Amara knew it. She exceled in her classes and adjusted to the Wulffram rank well. Spring leading into summer it was now July and warmth filled the school.
It was the weekend and Amara was catching up with Akina and Bronx in the mess-hall. Max and Rao, Bronx's pair, sat a few feet away with their own friends. Braden seated beside her, silent as always.

"I got a letter back from my mom today."

Akina said. She was playing cards with Bronx beside her.

"My dad wants to meet you Bronx."

"Getting serious."

Amara teased smiling at him. Bronx shrugged slowly and smiled at Akina.

"Yeah, I guess we are."

"Going to have to tell all those other females to leave you alone now."

Amara said laughing. Bronx chuckled and leaned over to kiss Akina's cheek.

"I'm fine with that."

Akina blushed fiercely and socked Bronx in the shoulder.

"Don't make me blush. Shut up. Mara let's go grab some food, I'm hungry."

"Alright."

><

+Braden listened to Bronx swoon over Akina, half reading his book. Bronx was a good guy and Akina treated him well. Braden was happy for him. Amara and Akina left to grab food and Bronx turned to him shuffling his cards.

"How you doing Fury? 11 months left."

"Alright, time is moving fast. I am excited to finish here."

"Me too."

Bronx agreed nodding. He then glanced over to Akina and Amara then asked.

"Still nothing from your grandparents?"

Braden sighed shaking his head.

"No. They must be very busy..."

"Rude if you ask me. You've been here for damn near 5 years and nothing?"

"They've always been like this. I'm used to it."

Braden shrugged as Bronx stared dealing him cards.

"It used to bother me when I was young..."

"I can understand that. Must be fun being paired to someone who won't shut up about her family."

"I tune her out...a lot."

Bronx chuckled.

"You are good at that. Are you planning anything for you birthday? We as Wulffram get the day off. I know its next month. Lucky bastard 3day weekend."

"No, I'll just enjoy my days of freedom. I haven't told Amara yet."

"I don't blame you."

"Do you know her well?"

Braden asked. Bronx shrugged gazing at his cards.

"Sorta. Akina and her have been friends since they were Whelps together. She's alright. I trust her. Akina speaks highly of her."

"Do you believe she is trustworthy?"

Bronx looked up meeting his eyes.

"I do. We were in Hand to Hand 101 together and she always had my back. She is fast, I've never seen a female move like that before. Strong too, you know Rhino? Pinned him for a full two minutes."