Chapter Seven

~Sunday night came and Amara was finalizing her plan for the Protection test with Braden. Sitting in her dorm's common room gazing down at their map. They were to run full out to the camp site in their normal wolf forms. Easier to cover more ground that way. Arriving by midday on the 1st day, that is when they will set up their campsite for the night. Spend the 2nd daytime hours eating and regaining their strength then heading back that night. By her numbers they should return in the early morning of the 3rd day. Braden of course agreed to her plan and was ready to follow her lead as always.
She trusted him with everything now. He meant more to her than she let on. She cared for him as a person. Hearing about his family not contacting him, hurt her soul. She couldn't even fathom her family not answering her letters. She looked forwards to hearing from them every week. Deciding she would take over for his absent family and root for him while he strived to graduate. Everyone needed someone on their side.

"Amara?"

She blinked and looked up at Braden.

"Sorry, I was stress testing plan in my head."

She shook her head.

"Sorry...."

"It's alright. It is getting late and we are leaving at sunrise."

He closed their map and looked at her. Amara smiled at him.

"Sending me to bed?"

"Suggesting it. I am tired as well."

Braden shrugged. Amara huffed and stretched in her chair.

"We can't be much more ready then we are now. You are dismissed for the night."

She watched him smile and look away.

"And before you ask, no I will not be late tomorrow morning. I will meet you outside in the courtyard at sunrise."

"A bit before actually."

Amara corrected him laughing.

"I want to watch the sun rise and we dart into the trees."

Braden studied her but nodded.

"Alright. A bit before."

"Good."

He gathered his things and stood.

"Good night Amara."

"Night big guy. Sleep well."

><

+Braden's blood sang in his veins as his paws thundered over the earth. He loved running in his wolf form. Much faster than his other forms. The sun settled high in the sky as he and Amara drew close to their campsite. She ran just in front of him leading the way. Braden didn't struggle to keep up with her but she was still very quick. Swifter than any other female he had known.

Amara slowed and came to his side. Braden kept pace with her, looking to her for direction. She surprised him by smiling and nudging into his body making him stumble a bit. She nipped at his side, snapping her jaws at him. Braden leap over a rock awkwardly moving away from her. She just followed and bumped into him again. Almost knocking him into a tree. He heard her laughter ring out as she took off full speed again, leaving him behind. Braden growled and charged after her.

><

~Amara was growing bored of just running. Almost there she decided to play around with Braden. She bumped and nipped at him like she used to as a puppy. Running and attacking each other was a way of training puppies to hunt from a young age. But it was always playful. He looked confused and unsure of what she was doing. Taking off as fast as she could she hoped it helped him understand. Hearing a growl from behind her and the thudding of heavy paws. She laughed and darted away from him between two trees. He jumped between them landing heavily right behind her.