Twenty

Bella

Last night when Justin came over there was nothing going on but begging and pleading. He was begging for forgiveness and I was pleading for him to leave my apartment. Certain things were said but we both knew that we didn't mean any of it, the fact that we began arguing caused us to clash and scream at each other. At this current moment I don't know if Justin and I are even friends.

"WHY ARE YOU CONSTANTLY QUESTIONING ME?" The flashback of last night replays in my mind.

"I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU" He yelled over me.

"I DON'T NEED HELP, I'M FUCKING GROWN" I was beyond furious and my face was more red than a tomato.

"YOU CLEARLY DO IF THIS IS THE SHIT YOU'RE DOING" He picked up one of my pill bottles and flung it across the room. 

"THIS SHIT?!? I DIDN'T CHOOSE TO BE THIS WAY, I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS." I barked towards him.

"THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS WE DON'T ASK FOR IN LIFE BUT WE STILL HAVE TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR IT" Justin screamed out.

"You're full of shit, the amount of hypocrisy escaping your fucking lips is incredible. Don't talk about taking responsibility when you don't even take care of yourself" I was exhausted from shouting so I lowered my tone.

Justin rolled his eyes and scoffed. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about how before I walked through your front door you were a hermit and couldn't even fix yourself a fucking sandwich. You let people take advantage of you and you accept it." I shook my head.

"No one takes advantage of me" He muttered.

"Where are your "friends" when you need them? Now all of sudden Selena randomly pops up and is spending your money like there's no tomorrow but you fail to realize it because you're too blind. SHE DOESN'T LOVE YOU, WAKE THE FUCK UP" I growled at Justin's face.

"Why should I listen to you? You even said it yourself, you're crazy." What he said now crossed the line and I felt like I was punched in my gut.

"Get out" I pointed to the front door with furrowed eyebrows and a stern voice.

The look on his face was hard to express, he looked angry but sad at the same time. It was probably then at that time we both noticed the harm we did because we both looked disappointed. Neither one of us didn't want this but it just happened.

Justin stormed past me to grab his jacket then walked out my front door. The tears started flowing down my face and it was because I knew I lost the only person I really connection with.

Back to the present day and I was sitting on the floor in the corner of my bedroom, my eyes focused on my phone wondering if I should call Justin or not. My mind wandered about all the possible things that could happen if Justin wasn't in my life anymore.

My hands slowly reach out to grab my iPhone, I type in my password and search for Justin's name in my contacts. I take a deep breath and press the call button, the sound of the dial tone just makes me even more nervous and at this moment in wasn't aware of what I was going to tell him.

"Hello?" A high pitched voice answers the phone. The voice was so familiar. "Hello?" The voice repeats again. It then hit me, it was Selena who answered the phone.

Pure silence from my end of the phone.

"Who is this?" Her voice raises higher.

"Can I talk to Justin?" The words finally came out my mouth 

"Isabelle? Why are you calling Justin's phone?" I could hear the jealousy in her voice.

"Why are you answering Justin's phone?" I completely ignore the fact that she messed up my name. AGAIN.