Nineteen

Isabella POV

The day after I quit I went around Los Angeles looking for a new job, I eventually found an opening position as a waitress at an incredibly small diner. There's rarely any customers because of the location, we're surrounded by a bunch of fast-food places that no one wants to come here.

"Isabella why aren't you working?" My boss, Joe asks.

I sit at the counter swiveling around on the bar stool trying to get rid of my boredom. "There's nobody here" I sigh wearily.

"Get off your ass and do something" He spat. He had this typical Brooklyn accent and he wasn't very attractive. Fat with greasy hair and he liked to expose his disgusting hairy chest. He thinks he's funny but he's not.

"What would you like me to do boss? You want me to serve the nonexistent customers or to clean the dishes that aren't even dirty?" I popped my gum as I look in his eyes.

I hear the other employees that were sitting around also start to laugh, even the chef was with us. When I say this place is horrible I mean horrible, I don't even know how this place is still going.

"What are you? A comedian?" He looks around at the others.

"I should be, they actually make money" I got up from my seat and went to the back.

The 2nd chef was in the kitchen cooking and it smelt absolutely delicious. "Hey Chris, what you cooking?" I asked as I licked my lips.

Chris reminded me so much of my brother. Not only did he look just like him but he was kind of in the same situation as him, Chris has one main goal but get to it because he is stuck and has no support.

"Parmesan crusted chicken" His eyes were focused on the sizzling skillet. "You hungry?" He asks as he grabs two plates.

"There's always time for food" I chuckle. Chris places chicken on each plate along with steamed vegetables and mashed potatoes. I took a bite of the chicken and instantly fell in love "Chris this soo good, you're such an excellent chef"

"Thanks" He gave me a wide smile.

"Seriously, you should be making a name for yourself. You're here cooking but there are no people to enjoy it" I ate another piece of the chicken.

"That's the dream, but I got to start from the bottom to get to the top" He sighs then smiles weakly.

"Chris this diner is below the bottom, for all of us. I'm going to help you" I took a last bite of the chicken then pulled out my phone.

"How are y-" I paused him as I dialed a number into my phone.

I called Cindy up on the phone waiting for her to answer. "It's about time you freaking called, I though you got kidnapped by the Russian mafia" she laughed.

"I miss you too" I giggled "But I got a question for you" I say in a more serious tone.

"What's up?" Cindy's high pitched voice ask.

"I know Kevin owns a few restaurants, where are they located?" I ask and Chris looked so confused.

"New York, Miami, and Las Vegas. Why?" Her voices becomes curious.

"Hold on for a sec" I say to her, I pull the phone away from me and I look at him "Choose. New York, Miami, or Las Vegas?" I say to Chris "Fast" I giggle.

"Uhhhh Las Vegas" He shakes.

"Cindy are you with Kevin now?" That was dumbest question to ask because I know she would say yes.

"Of course, I'll pass him the phone" she says. "Babe, Bella wants to talk to you" I hear her faintly say.

"Hello" the deep voice speaks.