::21::

Dream has a bit of internal panic Sunday.

He doesn't want to go over to George's dorm to work on the painting. No, he wants to abandon that and switch partners. Unfortunately, though, it's far too late for that, being on their sixth painting already. Five more meetings, Dream reminds himself. This is what motivates him to carry himself to the brunette's room.

Dream knocks, making sure to seem as detached and cold as possible, as to not let George misunderstand anything. The Brit opens the door and upon seeing this detached expression, his face falls.

"Dream, you came," George says, stepping aside to let him in.

"Of course I did. We have a project to work on," Dream says, setting his bag down and making his way to the chairs. He notices everything set up as normal, but makes one change before sitting down. He moves his chair to the side a little, more distance between the two of them. George doesn't say anything about this, grabbing his paints.

"So I was thinking, we can paint a winter scene. It's November, and winter's approaching quickly, so we should paint that," George says with a smile that Dream doesn't bother returning.

"Sounds good," Dream states, looking at the color pallet George gives them.

It's pretty obvious that neither of them want to be here right now. As they start working, though, Dream can't help but notice how George is wearing the ring he had gotten him. Dream wears his as well, finding that he's become too attached to let it go now. He figures he'll get rid of it eventually, but he wonders what George will do. Will he get rid of his? Why is he even wearing it?

Dream pushes these thoughts out of his mind and continues painting. It's difficult, he thinks, to work around the person that had just broke his heart. He tries to forget about it so that his side of the painting isn't completely terrible, but it's hard. It's hard to forget about something that constantly stays at the front of his mind.

It's clear that they're both stiff, nervous around each other after what happened. Dream doesn't think he'll be able to talk normal around George for a long time, not until he gets an explanation from him—though, he's not sure if that's really what he wants.

After they finish the painting, George offers to clean everything up, which Dream happily lets him do. Instead, he inspects the painting. It's a quiet winter scene, yet there's a very obvious shift in technique between the two sides. Dream can tell George had been struggling a bit, as had he, and the blending isn't as perfect as usual. Still, it's good enough to be submitted and the only people that will notice are those that care enough.

George is cleaning off Dream's brushes when he receives a phone call, stopping to answer it.

"Hello?" George asks. There's silence as he listens to the other person talk. "No I'm just at home," he says. "Yeah I finished painting," silence. "Yes he's still here," there's a sense of worry in his voice. "Please don't," annoyance, is it now? "Nothing is happening, don't worry," fear, maybe? "Yes I got it," aggravation. Much more silence this time. "Just wait," calmness. "I'll talk to you later," his voice is level. "Bye."

George turns for a moment and Dream can see a look of annoyance on his face. The blonde raises an eyebrow in question, but that's all he'll do.

"Sorry 'bout that," George says with an aloof smile. "Anyway, can we talk now?"

"I don't think I'm ready to hear what you have to say," Dream says, remembering how much George had already told him. "The damage has been done, you heard me Friday."

"We we're both obviously not in our right minds that night," George says, as if that makes a difference. Dream's uninterested face communicates that information. "Please, if you're willing to hear me out I have to talk now—"