~ 30 • H ~

Chapter Thirty - Harry's POV

A/N: We just hit 150,000 reads just a few minutes ago. I'm GLITCHING!? THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
You're either going to love Harry or hate him even more after this update...Let me know what you think! And, don't forget to vote! 🤍

I sauntered out of the bathroom quietly as soon as Catherine ventured back into the shower. It was clear we both didn't know what to say after we had engaged in such......well, such desperate coping methods.

But coping seemed to be exactly the remedy we both craved--- because that sex was fucking incredible.

Just thinking about it makes me harden all over again, and despite relief of the lockdown being over, and my current predicament of sitting in the library doing my tortuous calculus homework, I just can't seem to get her out of my mind.

The distraction she needed, turned out to be exactly what I had needed, as well. It may have even been more necessary for me, than her. And, even though it was only for a few hours, it allowed me to get my mind off of everything that happened with Elton.

Or rather, she got my mind off Elton.

It was torturous, the unease I felt throughout my entity as I reminisced on my mistakes from last night. And, though I felt I was in the clear when I departed from the bathroom, the dread creeped right back in, almost as swiftly as it had left.

Especially when I couldn't stop looking at the email that had been sent to my student account a few minutes ago from the Dean. It was brief--but assertive, and I am not naive enough to think that the assembly tonight will be full of peaches and cream, and butterflies.

According to the email, at seven o'clock this evening, the entire student body is to report to the auditorium for an assembly, one that may be 'triggering' for many students. The Dean noted that the briefing will be difficult, but that is essential for the student body to hear.

This meeting is where I assume Dean Winslow will presumably break the news about Elton's passing. I'm sure it will be horrific for the entire student body, as Elton was a very popular guy at Dunnet.

He'd gone here just as long as I had, and his family was also very rich. But, it seemed he was the 'black sheep' of his family, and with what he told me during the interrogation, about his struggles with his family and his grades, it seems that the black sheep's presence only seemed to intensify during the course of this semester.

What I'm holding onto, however, was the fact that Catherine told me the cops viewed his death as a suicide. When she let those words slip from her delectable mouth, I almost took her right there. I was filled with euphoria, and it meant that everything I had yearned for, regarding covering up this crime, had worked.

Her admission was exactly the glimmer of hope I needed to ensure my future success.

To ensure all of our futures' success...

I had full trust in my father's plan, but I of course was nervous with so many different pieces to accomplish in order to ensure things didn't fall back onto me, or the boys, either.

But, it seemed that my work paid off, and that gave me something to hold on to as I readied myself for the assembly later this evening.

There was one still thing I was concerned about, though.

And that was James.

When I got back to the room after my run in with Catherine, James had finally fallen asleep, which was what he had truly needed to do hours prior.