~ 40 • C ~

a/n: sorry to post sp early in the morning for those who are in the us & canada...but I'm a working girl now and I wanted to post before I had to go into an all day meeting!! I love you!! <3 enjoy some angst and tension!!

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT & VOTE <3

WHAT TO LISTEN TO:
Slow and Steady - Of Monsters and Men
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun -Cyndi Lauper
What's The Use? - Mac Miller

🔽ALL ON VIRULENCE PLAYLIST🔽:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6cWph5XlfyI7yc8sZOPZrJ?si=555wqq61SjOIB_G-19qxPA

Chapter Forty - Catherine's POV

The ride from Dunnet to the jet strip in Edinburgh was longer than I'd originally remembered. It's vastly different, going from having Arthur drive me around, to having him sit in the back with me and my friends, especially ones that I've made at a new school.

I couldn't help but reminisce on how much simpler those times were, when he was my driver, and I was a lonesome student, and how different life is now, as we drove from the university to the airport.

I had plenty of time to sort out my thoughts-- which is what I'd desperately needed after these past few weeks, and I'm grateful that the ride in the car was quiet enough to allow to do so.

Well, it was quiet enough for me to do so, anyways.

The rest of the car was busy, blasting music and drinking extremely potent mimosas--something that I just wasn't up to doing this morning.

A true rarity for me.

I swiftly put on my noise canceling headphones as soon as the car pulled out of the gates of Dunnet and told everyone that I needed as much quiet as possible if we wanted to start off on a good trip. I also skillfully added that I was just helping them out, as that I get carsick if I must communicate for long periods in the car and it would be a downer to begin the trip on such a negative note...

Worked like a motherfucking charm.

And, I don't feel bad for exaggerating a bit, at all, either. This wasn't a big lie, it was just a faulted truth, after all.

Frankly, I needed some time for myself...I needed some time to sort my thoughts.

Looking at the window at the dreary jet strip, I mentally prepare myself for the shiver of the late fall air that I'll be subject to once the door opens of the town car. The rain is pelting once more, as it seems to do constantly in Scotland, and it's allowing me to warm up more to the concept of the refreshing Italian sun in Southern Europe.

The pilot and stewards waited along the rolled-out carpet in front of the plane, holding fresh, warm towels and more champagne for us, not allowing the rain to phase them in the least bit.

I'm thankful that my Xanax has already had time to digest, because though I'm decently happy about getting out of Scotland, I can't help but think about the reality we face once we get on the ground in Italy.

Five days in Italy.

Five days living with Harry, Arthur, Evelynn, Bre, James, and Chandler.

And Harry's family.

This is—What was I thinking?

This is going to be a disaster.

I'm going to need Xanax...Lots and lots of Xanax.

For this trip, I'm going to need it.

I scoff at myself--Why did I agree to this again?

It's what I spent the entire ride thinking about, but yet, here I am again contemplating this trip once more.