~ 39 • C ~

A/N: hiii bff's!! I missed ya ;) here's a chapter with lot's of tension and a bit of a...well....triangle?<3

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT & VOTE! <3

WHAT TO LISTEN TO:
Sparks - Coldplay
Liar - Noah Cyrus
Secrets From A Girl (Who's Seen It All) - Lorde

🔽ALL ON VIRULENCE PLAYLIST🔽:
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6cWph5XlfyI7yc8sZOPZrJ?si=555wqq61SjOIB_G-19qxPA

Chapter Thirty Nine - Catherine's POV

"Sorrento?" I ask Evelynn hesitantly, as water splashes all around me in the pool, which surprisingly, isn't as cold as I had originally thought it would be when Arthur abruptly threw me in. "Why Sorrento, out of all places to go for fall break? Shouldn't we go somewhere with more of a party atmosphere?"

"Sorrento will have a party atmosphere, if we want to make it one! The world is our oyster, don't you remember?" She giggles, as she kicks her legs to maneuver her forward in the crystalized water.

Sorrento will have a party atmosphere. Okay. Ha...Yeah, sure.

Did I even hear her right? It's Italy... the Pope's Italy.

And Sorrento...That's certainly not a party piece of the country.

I brush it off. After all, she's drunk. Maybe she isn't too serious about Italy, in the long run.

It's hard to hear if she even spoke it correctly with her slurring, and it's even more difficult with Arthur trying to dunk me under the water, yet again.

I swear, I'm going to have chlorine in my hair for weeks.

Arthur reaches for my ponytail, grabbing it playfully to mess with me, but I shove him off and try to swim away, only to have him grab my ankle as a last resort, preventing me from moving away at all. "Will you fucking stop? You're really starting to irritate me. Go find someone else to flirt with, I'm trying to talk to someone here!"

Evelynn chuckles and lounges back along the edge of the pool, taking a large sip of her drink and then precariously watches the vibe of the party unfolding before her eyes.

He smirks at my comment but then pulls me even closer, maneuvering my body until it's at a complete stop in front of his chest. He lifts me up towards him, completely ignoring my request, just like I knew he would.

It slightly annoys me, but I'm used to it with him.

His half-hard erection pierces into my thigh as he pulls me completely against him in the water. "But why would I do that, when the person I want to be with at the end of the night is already right next to me?" He whispers, full of seduction.

I swallow, suddenly feeling warm and clammy. I'm not sure how to feel about his constant flirting. Usually I'm very into it, but tonight, it's like I want nothing to do with it.

In all honesty, it's a total contrast to how I used to feel when he came on to me, and I'm taken back by it just as mentally, as my own physical body is, too.

What is happening to me?

I scrunch my nose at that rhetorical question, knowing exactly why I'm feeling like this, but not letting myself admit it out loud for my own sanity.

I'm not doing this again.

I won't let Harry have this control over me.

Not now, not ever.