Past Secrets

⚠️TW: Death and blood

"Bokuto-san?" My mouth felt dry as I attempted to swallow the little spit remaining in it.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps approach from behind Bokuto, and I moved my head to see a tall male with curly black hair and sapphire blue eyes.

"KEIJI!" he yelled out, running towards me.

One of the men that I overheard talking earlier pulled out a handgun and aimed towards my father. I heard a loud noise and knew exactly what happened.

"NO!" I yelled out.

I sprinted as I watched my father fall onto the floor and writhe in pain. I felt a pair of sturdy hands pull my arms and tie a rough rope around my wrists.

"No, no...Dad!" I sobbed.

I turned around and looked into Bokuto's eyes. "Please, Bokuto-san..." I pleaded him to not do this - to help my father.

But he simply lifted me up with his left arm and forced my out of the room. I turned back to see a pale, limp figure on the floor. Please be alive dad. I'm so sorry.

I dragged my feet as I felt Bokuto's grip on my wrists tighten and a gun shovel deep into my spine. I yanked my arms out of Bokuto's hand and abruptly stopped, turning to face him.

I stared into his golden eyes. Those usually glimmering eyes had lost their shine. Pain and darkness replaced them as if a dull grey cloud was shielding the sun's warm rays.

Tears pooled in my eyes. "Bokuto-san...please tell me this is some sick joke?"

Our bodies were dangerously close, and so when he sighed, I could feel his hot breath on my bare skin, sending a chill down my spine. I searched for remorse in his eyes, but they just seemed so...empty.

"I don't have a choice, 'Kaashi..." he mumbled, avoiding my gaze.

"OF COURSE YOU HA-!" I screamed but was immediately shut down as a soft white cloth covered my nose and mouth.

The room spun, and I felt my eyelids droop down. My knees buckled, and I collapsed back into a pair of arms. A soothing voice cooed in my ear, "I promise I'll fix it 'Kaashi." Everything blacked out as my eyelids closed.

***

I opened my eyes and tried to move my hands but soon realized that they were tied behind me. I quickly stood up and attempted to untie the rope as memories flooded into my mind. I felt a wet drop slide down my cheek and sniffled.

No, Akaashi. Stop crying and get out of here.

I examined the room, finding some way to escape. The room looked like a jail cell with its dark gray walls and cold atmosphere. I walked over to the door and turned around to yank the handle. Locked - how surprising.

I saw a small window at the very top of the high room and decided that was my only way to escape. But first, I had to get out of this rope. I pressed my hands together and mentally prepared myself. This is gonna hurt like a bitch.

I jerked my hands apart and felt the rough fibers of the rope dig into my skin. I slowly relaxed my hands, satisfied that the rope was slightly looser now. I pulled my right hand out and slipped the rope off my other hand.

Suddenly, the gray metal door flew open, and three tall males barged into the room. I froze in my tracks and watched as they entered and shut the door behind them. Fuck.

Bokuto slightly stepped to the side from behind the other two males. I furrowed my eyebrows and felt my hands clench into fists.

"Ah so you managed to get out of the rope," one of the males said, lighting up the cigarette in his mouth.