Heartbroken

He wasn't alone. 

A female with sandy brown hair and grey-blue eyes was sitting next to him. Her eyebrows were pulled upwards into a worried expression. Her lips moved as she whispered something to Bokuto. She then rubbed circles onto Bokuto's back with her left arm. Bokuto seemed surprised by the touch at first but then relaxed as he slowly placed his head on her shoulder.

My heart dropped to my stomach, and my vision slowly grew blurry. The air seemed to grow ten times as thick and was unbreathable. My legs felt like jelly as I stumbled over to the exit door.

I reached for the black bar on the door and pushed it open. The cool morning breeze whipped me in the face, and cold air filled my lungs as I deeply inhaled. I pressed my lower back into the building wall and pushed my head back, staring up at the partly cloudy sky.

Suddenly, the door on my right flew open, and an anxious male walked out. He turned his head to face me and sighed in relief.

"Keiji, are you okay?" my father asked. 

"Can we just go home please?" I pleaded. 

My father eyed me up and down and seemed to understand that I didn't want to be here. 

He nodded. "Sure, I'll just go get the food. You can take a seat in the car."

He tossed me the car keys and headed back into the cafe. I dragged my feet to the car and unlocked it. I stepped inside and shut the door. I pressed the key into the ignition hole and patiently waited for my father.

Ringggg

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone. Kuroo's name flashed across the caller ID on the screen. I tapped the green answer button and held my phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked, rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"Akaashi, I called your dad, but he didn't pick up. So I decided to call you and tell you that there are a few people trying to sabotage our shipment. Daichi and I are gonna head down there."

"Is it near the docks?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, I'll join you guys. Thanks for telling me. I'll let my dad know."

"Sure no problem. See you there." I hung up the phone and seconds later, my father entered the car. 

"Hey dad, so Kuroo called and said a couple of thugs are messing with our shipment down at the docks. Daichi and him are gonna head down there, and I'll be going as well."

I could use the distraction.

My dad fumbled in his pockets for something but eventually just drew out an empty hand. 

"What are you looking for?" I asked.

"My phone," he replied. "I must've left it at home."

I nodded and turned back to face the front. My father twisted the key and pulled out of the parking lot.

"And no," my father said.

I turned my head to face him and furrowed my brows. "What do you mean no?"

"I mean...," my father said as he made a right turn onto the road. "...you're not going down to the docks."

I let out a small scoff and remarked, "It wasn't a question." I crossed my arms and gazed down the road.

"Keiji it's not up for discussion. I know you were crying in the shower. You're obviously exhausted, and I need you to take care of yourself. I'm dropping you off at home, and I will be going down to the docks."