Endings

⚠️ TW: Death and Blood

Just to be clear, this is NOT the ending. That's just the name of the chapter.

"Hello, my beloved nephew."

I stood up and faced the man, resisting the temptation to draw my gun and end him in the moment. Bokuto quickly stood up, and I saw his jaw tighten as he grit his teeth. The tears had started drying up on his face, and his golden eyes lost their shimmer as darkness crept into them. He balled his hands into tighter fists, restricting blood flow to his knuckles and making them turn into a horrific pallid shade.

I gulped as I stared at him. I've never seen him this angry.

I reached over and placed my hand on top of his clenched ones. I rubbed my thumb over his knuckles and felt his grip relax a little. 

"Aww how sweet!" Bokuto's uncle exclaimed.

He then stuck a cigarette in his mouth and pulled a little silver lighter out of his pocket. He lit up the end and inhaled before exhaling, clouding the air with a dirty ashtray smell. He leaned in close to my face, and I almost gagged at the horrid stench. I felt Bokuto's hand tighten again as his breathing quickened.

"I wonder what'll happen...," his uncle's voice dropped low as he let out another puff of smoke. "...when he leaves you."

Before I knew it, Bokuto's balled up fist flung through the air in front of me. He stumbled as his uncle dodged it and grabbed Bokuto's wrist. He pulled Bokuto's left shoulder back and tugged his wrist harshly behind his back.

"Ahhh...," Bokuto winced in pain. 

"That's what happens when you try to mess with me boy," Bokuto's uncle grunted and gripped Bokuto tighter. 

From behind the males, I landed a left front swing kick right to Bokuto's uncle's back, making him slightly stumble forward. He kneed Bokuto in the back and shoved him onto the ground. I glanced over and watched as Bokuto coughed and attempted to stand up. 

I wanted to rush over to him, but his uncle approached me. I quickly dodged as he threw a punch towards my face. I flattened my forearm and launched my tight fist into his abdomen. He stepped back a bit at the impact but quickly recovered and landed a heel kick right on my chest. A hard fist contacted my nose, and my head flew back as blood trickled out of nostrils.

I felt the ground slip from beneath my feet as my head landed on the grass with a soft thud. I grimaced at the pain and watched as a blurred figure hovered over me.

A devilish laugh erupted. "Stupid boy, so weak," the voice mocked.

My eyes glossed over, and I saw the bottom of a shoe slowly approaching my face. I was desperate to move, silently crying to my aching body to do something.

Stupid body MOVE!

"KEIJI!" 

The loud voice engulfed the atmosphere, awakening my senses. My eyes bolted open. I held my breath and braced myself for the pain as I rolled onto my right side. 

Just a second later, Bokuto's uncle stomped his foot into the grass. I looked up to see his brows furrowed and his nose flared.

Suddenly a large body ran into Bokuto's uncle, causing him to land face first onto the grass. My eyes widened as I saw Bokuto flip his uncle around and smash his fist into his face. Bokuto balled both his fists tighter and landed one punch after the other to his uncle's now bloody face.

"I would never...," Bokuto panted and hurled another punch at his uncle.

"...ever..." 

Punch