Chapter 2

By the time lunch came around I had gone through my first 4 classes and only had 3 more to get through. Classes were okay the same as always. expect I have a lot of catching up in history classes and I hate history its my least favorite class. I stopped by my locker on my way to lunch and put my books away and grabbed my backpack which had my lunch. I walked in the lunch room looking for one of the many people I met today. As I scanned the room I saw someone waving at me and it was Nash. I walked over to his table and sat next to him and some guy named Jake. Nash told me more about the bonfire. Everyone was really cool. We all talked and joked. I was still pretty quite, which I always am until I warm up to you. A group of 3 girls walked up to the table. One of the girls sat on Nash's chair with him and gave him a kiss. Her friends were standing talking to Evan, Luke, and Garrett. One of the girls caught my eye. They way she laughed, the way her hair fell on her shoulders, the way she got so engulfed into the conversation.

"shawn, this is my girlfriend Tracey and Tracey this is shawn. We share a locker and he's pretty cool." he said taking me back to reality. I gave her a smile while they went back to talking about the bonfire tonight. I guess It was some big thing. I leaned over to Jake to ask him who the girl was.

"Jake, who's the girl with the brown hair over there?"

"That Bailee, she's a varsity soccer player. She usually sits with us. She's super cool. Why are you into her."

"yeah, she intrigues me. something about her. is she single?"

"yeah. hasn't dated anyone since like 6th grade she dated some guy for like a week. good luck with her" Wow what do I say? can I just go up to her or is that weird. Girls in Canada have known me since I was like 3. I ended up dating my best friend from when I was a kid. Lauren and I have been friends since I can remember. I'm not used to having to hit on random girls. By the time I was out of my trance I noticed Bailee walking over to Jake, Okay shawn you can do this. Just talk to her like you would talk to anyone else.

"Bailee, this is Shawn. He just moved here from Canada." Jake says introducing her to me.

"Hey" Wow I all I could manage to say is Hey. Did I just forget how to talk to girls. Like I'm a 7th grader. What is going on. She smiled back and finished her conversation with Jake.

Finally school was out. The bonfire was at 7 and it was 2:45, I still had a long time. I decided to head home and catch up on some song writing. The car ride to the middle school was quite. I couldn't jam out to music because a whole bunch of kids from the high school were walking down the street. I lowly turned on a radio station. Given every radio station is country down here. I will have to start liking country. My sister is waiting in front of the school for me.

"So how was your first day?" I could already tell it wasn't good. She looked like she could cry.

"Not very good. I miss all my friends." She broke down crying in my front seat.

"It's okay Aliayah. I know you will make friends. You didn't make atleast one friend?" she nodded.

"Sooo tell me about them." she perked up, her face lit up, it usually does when she talks about stuff she loves

"He's really nice his names Aaron. He is in my English class. He sat with me at lunch also" I continued driving home. We lived about 2 miles away from the school.

"That's nice, I mean we don't need any boyfriends coming around, but I'm okay with Boy Friends." I said with a little smirk on my face. I knew she always got defensive when I brought up boyfriends.

I grabbed my phone out of the cup holder and popped the trunk. I grabbed aliayah and I's backpacks and headed inside. Neither of us had homework. She plopped down in front of the TV and I went up to my room to sleep. I set an alarm for 6, and drifted off to sleep.

I jolted awake to the Marimba playing. I grabbed my phone turned the alarm off and checked my texts.

from Lauren: so Skype...
from Lauren: Wow what time does school get out in NC.
from Lauren: I take it you fell asleep.
To Lauren: Yes I fell asleep. I'll Skype you tomorrow. I have a bonfire to go to. Look at me Mr. Popular😉

I had a text from Nash, Brian, and an unknown number.

from Brian: Let's Skype tonight at 7, if that works for you.

to Brian: can't man. I have a party. soon though

from Nash: Can you pick 2 people up for me. I gave them your numbers. Jake and Bailee. That mean you the designated driver😂

to Nash: sure thing man. See you later.

From unknown: Hey it's Bailee from lunch. Nash said you could probably give me a ride...

to Bailee: Sure Thing☺️ I'll pick you up at 6:45.

I fixed my hair and washed my face. I ran down the stairs and gave my mom and dad a hug and kiss goodbye and headed out the door. I plugged my phone into the aux cord. I entered both Bailee and Jakes addresses into my navigation app and the the address of the bonfire.

First stop was Bailee's house. I stopped my car and went and knocked on the door. Bailee answered and told me she would be right out. What am I spoused to do. Should I go back to the car, Should I wait here. While I was trying to figure that one out, it was solved for me when Bailee came out onto the porch.

"So are we gonna go, of do you want to just stand here."

"sorry still a little drowsy from my nap, lets get going."

when we get to Jakes he walks out of his door before I could even stop the car. He has some girl with him that he introduced as Samantha. Bailee looks over at me and raises her eyebrows.

"Be careful, I don't trust Samantha." Bailee warns

"Why? what did she do?" our conversation is stopped by them entering the back seat of my Jetta.

"hey shawn, thanks for the ride. This is my girlfriend Samantha."

"Hey Samantha" I smile and start driving.

Bailee is typing vigorously at her phone. I get a text and grab my phone. Yes I know how bad it is to text and drive, but really I'm only going like 25 mph and I'm pretty good at it. The text is from Bailee.

from Bailee: She's a lying whore. In freshman year she lost her virginaty to a senior and we used to be best friends until she cheated with my boyfriend. Jake.

I put my phone down and raise my eye brows at her. Wow Jake one lied to me and wow.

to Bailee: Crazy. I'll tell you more at the party.

she read the text and nodded.