Chapter 15

JACK GILINSKYS POV

We sat on the couch playing Fifa. Nash went home since we weren't really in a good place with him.

"Where's Bailee she's been gone for an hour now." Johnson was looked at his phone.

"Call her, chances are she went to make up with Shawn. Probably just hanging out forgot to call us." He nodded and put his phone up to his ear.

"She didn't answer, I'm going to call Shawn." Johnson replied 30 seconds later.

"Shawn do you know where Bailee is?"

"What? she left here an hour ago."

"Go drive around well do the same."

"Okay bye man." He hung up the phone and looked at me.

"We have to find her man." We both jumped down and ran down stairs.

"We'll be back Mrs. J" I yelled as we ran out the door. We both jumped in our cars and drove separate ways.

I drove the long way. It went by the high school and the lake and our favorite park. It was a 30 minute drive this was adding an extra 20 minutes. You could walk from our houses. We used to walk to school together. The road was super backed up going up to the lake. It was stop and go. I saw flashing lights up ahead. Ugh another drunk driving accident. Why are people so dumb. Wait what if that's Bailee she always went to our secret spot on the lake when she had to think. Maybe she was just leaving there. I went onto the shoulder and pulled up to the accident. It was a red Jetta, her exact car. I got out of the car. I ran up to the police car.

"Sir I'm going to have to ask you to leave." I nodded

"Just one question how old was the person?"

"Teenage girl. Why do you know the victim?"

"Yes her name is Bailee Peters. Her mom is in Virgina with her 2 brother. Dad and other brother are in the military. I'm her best friend. Along with the Griers." he nodded knowing the family

"And who are you?"

"Jack. Jack Gilinsky"

"Okay you can go into the ambulance with her, Just please make sure to inform all that family."

"Thank you so much officer." I ran to the ambulance and jumped in with her.

"Bailee it's going to be okay. Your one tough cookie. Stay strong for me." Tears slipped from my eyes. The paramedics were hooking her up to wires. She was pale and ice cold. I started crying harder the more I looked at her. I text Johnson and to tell EVERYONE that she's in the hospital and that I'll explain more later. My phone buzzed and I ignored it as we neared the hospital. They pulled up to the Emergency Room and pushed her towards the entrance. I followed closely behind her as they admitted her to a room.

"Sir your going to have to stay out here, the docters are doing everything in their power to save your girl friend. " I nodded it off not caring that the nurse thought we were dating.

"Can you atleast update me when you know something." she shook her head

"Yes, just please take a seat. do you need anything. water?" I shook my head and stared at the wall. Oh no this is my best friend. She has to make it through this.I heard the door open and saw Johnson walk in.

"Where is she." Tears were streaming out of both of our eyes.

"They are working on her right now. Sit down, they said they would inform me once they knew anything." He sat down and I grabbed his hand. You may think that's a little weird, but this is my best friend. He needs someone right now.