Chapter 14

BAILEES POV

I sit in the passenger seat of Johnson's car. I'm staring at my phone. I can never find closure if I never find out why Shawn cheated, what was his reasoning. We had to go to my Grandmas Funeral. We were picking up Nash on our way. The jacks were grabbing our bags. maybe I could stop by his house. Ask him and leave. Get the closure I need. Jack banged on the window and I unlocked the doors.

"What's wrong? you look upset." Gilinsky jumped in the back.

"Can we stop by Shawns, I need closure." he nodded and grabbed my hand

"Are you sure you want to do that bails. Your already going through a lot"

"Yeah, it will just help me know why. It's eating me from the inside."

We pulled up to Shawns house and I kissed Johnson and walked to the front door. Mrs. Mendes answered the door.

"Hey Mrs. Mendes. Is shawn home?"

"Yeah honey. He's upstairs." She gestured me up the stairs and I walked to his room. I knocked slightly and he yelled for me to come in. I pushed open the door and he was sitting there on his phone.

"Bailee what are you doing here?" He jumped up

"I have one question, not for you but for me to get closure." he nodded

"Why? I just want to know why." He went into deep thought

"I don't know why. She kissed me and I kinda went a long with it. It meant nothing though. It lacked the Sparks we had."

"Then why would you trade everything we had for one kiss that meant nothing"

"I don't know. It's life. You make mistakes and you pay for them. This is one I will pay for, for the rest of my life."

"Whatever Shawn, I know you make mistakes. But why so soon. Do you have no self control?"

"I don't know It was in the moment. Please just forgive me."

"I'll forgive you Shawn, but we are over. You blew it"

"Bailee give me a second chance. Please I beg of you"

"No because to give you a second chance I would have to trust you and I will never be able to trust you again"

"I just want a new beginning."

"I know Shawn. I will always love you we just arn't meant to be. I have to go." I kissed his check.

"Bye Bails, I will always love you too." I shut the door and walked back out to the car. Tears attempting to escape. Stay strong Bails. I can do this

"Is everything okay." Gilinsky engulfed me in a hug. I cried into his shoulder

"Yeah, It's just hard." I wiped my tears from under my eyes.

"But besides the point, lets get Nash and get on the road."

I was now in the back with Gilinsky. Nash was driving and Johnson was sleeping. We were singing along to the radio while me an Gilinsky did cheesy dance moves. Nash turned down the radio and looked at me.

"Okay real talk. Are you and Johnson a thing." I didn't really know how to answer this question.

"I don't really know. I just don't want drama right now. I want easy peazy lemon squeezey." They laughed at my 5 year old saying

"Well that will never happen, You always have drama in your life." I cocked my head at him

"What do you mean by that." Nash scratched the back of his neck