Chapter 11

BAILEES POV

We were laying on the couch watching a random movie on abc family when shawn phone buzzed. He was dead asleep and I just wanted to see if it was Laur. I felt bad to snoop but I needed to know, It was eating me alive and right now was my only chance. 4 days of thinking your boyfriend if cheating on you with no real evidence his so hard, I feel like I'm going crazy. I just need to clear my mind and figure it out. I opened the text and guilt dropped in my stomach.

From Laur: So you have a girlfriend and I here out from Sam because she heard from Brian. AND to top it off she wasn't spoused to tell me. Shawn whatever we were is over including our friendship.

I read the text over and over again. Was I right? what did she mean? I wrote down her number and ran up to my room. I typed her number into my phone. I needed answers. It rang twice before I heard a light and sweet sounding voice.

"Hello... may I ask who this is" Laur asked from the other line.

"Hey this is Bailee, Shawns girlfriend. I just want some answers." I heard a sigh

"That's fine, What are your questions."

"I'm gonna sound like a really bad girlfriend but I red your text to Shawn. Were you guys a thing. Is he cheating on me?" I sound like such a damsel in distress. I'm not this girl. I'm strong and confident. I don't break down.

"There's not an answer to that. Its all perception. Shawns a great guy, he didn't want to hurt anyone. He loves you but didn't want to break my heart."

"I'm so sorry, Your not the bad guy I. this case. I am. I'm the one that broke up YOUR relationship."

"Bailee, that's your name right. That's very pretty. Please don't break Shawns heart because of me. We weren't dating we broke it off when he left, for some reason I assumed we were waiting for each other."

"I know I know I just need a break to think this over, It will be okay."

"Stay strong Bailee, From what I have heard he really loves you."

"Thank you Laur your an extraordinary person." With that I grabbed my sweater and headed out the door. I walked through the woods to a fort my dad built for me and Carson and Nick before Emmet was born. I sat there and called Gilinsky. I missed my dad and my brothers. I missed being little bit a care a care in the world. Gilinsky picked up in mid thought.

"Hold on guys, I'll be right back. Hey Bailee what's up." A tear shed from my eye.

"What's wrong baby." Gilinsky said through the phone

"He had pretty much had another girlfriend while dating me. He cheating, emotionally cheated which is worse then him being drunk and kissing another girl. I confessed my love to him and he did the same think as Jake. Why does this happen to me, am I not good enough. What wrong with me."

"Bailee baby calm down, he's a jerk. We all love you. All the boys are sitting inside-"

"Please don't tell them."

"It's okay I wont. do you want to tell me the full story" I told him the whole story breaking down from time to time.

"He didn't mean to hurt you Bails, He just didn't want to hurt the other girl."

"Jack everyone thinks I'm so strong, just because I act like it doesn't me I don't need my feeling speared. Your the only one who knows this side of me. You and Nick and obviously Nick isn't here right now."

"I kno Bailee, You miss him. When you get home well have a movie day. The whole elementary group, just us nobody else"

"Okay Jack, I have to go. I'm going to a
go talk to shawn. We come home tomorrow so let's do it Monday and at the usually place." we always have movie nights at Johnsons since he has a game room.