Chapter 9

Jay's POV

I've been waiting for a while here in my car now and I can't see any sign of Jungwon. Where the heck is he?

I went out and rushed to see Jake to ask some help with this. I have to talk to him. I've been texting him but he doesn't reply. I've been calling him several times but he doesn't answer.

"Hey bro, Jake, have you seen Jungwon?"

"Oh naur bruh. Let's try looking for him at their classroom since Sunghoon's also there." Jake answered and led us to Jungwon's classroom.

We only saw Sunghoon and his love interest Sunoo but honestly though, when did these two start flirting? And yes, this Ni-ki is also here. The one who hugged Jungwon earlier. I'm pissed.

"Where's Jungwon?" Jake asked.

"Oh. He went outside with Heeseung hyung. Maybe they ate and had some fun. I heard they are going to the arcade and—" Sunoo stopped when Ni-ki poked him and gave him a signal.

What do you mean Jungwon is with Heeseung?! I am really pissed now. Why is that guy with my baby?!

I just left them and went home already. I am afraid I might do something with the anger I feel.

— the next day —

I picked up my phone from the floor. As far as I can remember, I threw it last night out of anger. I browsed at my feed and saw something that already ruined my day before it even started.

So you like things this way, Yang Jungwon? Let's see

I rushed to join my dad while eating breakfast. From his reaction, I can tell he's shocked. This is the first time I joined him eating after a long time.

"Are you sick, son?"

"I just want to talk you about the tutor you got me."

"Oh, Yang Jungwon? What is it? Is he doing good? He's a hardworking student, son."

"Shouldn't there be any punishment if he fails to comply with our schedule and if I have low grades?" I smirked.

My dad was speechless for a moment. He let go his fork and looked at me.

"Why are you doing this?" He said with a serious face.

"Nothing. Well, he's a scholar of one of the biggest companies to exist so he should do a better job, right?" I replied.

"Fine."

"You agree?!"

"I think there will be consequences if he fails to teach you. Meaning you have to strictly follow the given schedule. However, I can't agree with the punishment if you get low grades. Jay, your grades still depend on you so don't give Jungwon a hard time. He's still a freshman." my dad told me which kinda woke me up. He's right about being easy with Won.

But I am Jay Park. He should know that when it's my time to be with him, then he should only focus on me.

"I am a better option than that student council president" I whispered and took a sip of my morning coffee.

— at the university —

I did not even bother listening to our teachers. Jungwon will teach me anyway. But I am still mad at him for no reason.

I rushed to our meeting place. The place where he tutors me. The place where we once promised that when it is our schedule, we should only focus on each other so there are no other people allowed.

But not today, Yang Jungwon.

"I'm sorry I'm kinda late." Jungwon appeared and it seems like he's catching his breath. Did he run?

"Hello, babe." I said.

Jungwon's eyes widen as he heard what I said. He looked at me and I saw a face full of confusion.

"Hi, babe! Am I late?" Arin replied. She's behind Jungwon.

Jungwon turned to his back and saw Arin. I know we broke up but since she wants me back, let's use her for a while.

"Let's start." Jungwon said and his face is kinda hmmm, mad?

I sat in front of him and Arin sat beside me. This girl is clingy so let's see if this cute teacher over here can handle this.

"Did you eat already?" Arin asked and the funny thing is Jungwon stared at her with scary eyes.

"Not yet—" I was not able to finish my sentence when Jungwon interrupted.

"Since it has been two weeks since I taught you this lesson, answer this 100-item test paper. I prepared it for you. You're given an hour to finish it. Your dad will know your score so you must do good, okay?" Jungwon said and raised his eyebrow to smirk at me. This kid is really getting into my nerves.

"And you, you can leave if you aren't going to help him answer." Jungwon then turned to Arin and told her these words. Is he for real?

"You! Are you aware that I am older than you?! Who do you think you are?! How—" I stopped Arin from bickering by grabbing her arm. I'm afraid she'll say something to Jungwon that I won't like.

Arin did not leave us so I just started answering this thing my cutie Jungwon preprared. Even if he's sassy and fierce, he's cute. His dimples are striking despite being mad.

I secretly look at him when I have a chance but he's just on his phone. Maybe he's talking with that guy. He is really wise, huh? He gave me a task to finish within an hour so he won't focus on me? Tsk.

"Can I ask you questions?" I asked Jungwon.

"No. Think of this as an exam." Wow, the coldness. That's his only reply.

Minutes later, he stood up and opened the door. I thought this will be my day of revenge but what the heck is happening?

"Heeseungie!! You're here already!!" Jungwon said in a cute voice. Eww, he used to talk to me like that so why did he talk to him like that as well? I thought I'm special.

"I brought you your favorite boba tea and snacks." the student council president answered. Acting so kind when he isn't.

"Come inside, we can eat together." Jungwon replied which made me smack the pen against my table.

— end of chapter 9 —