Chapter 12

"What meds?" Heeseung asked with a lot of confusion in his face. He stares at Sunoo and Jungwon alternately.

"N-Nothing! I was just kinda s-sick this m-morning so that's why." Jungwon stuttered—he lied. Sunoo just sighed heavily after hearing his friend lie to Heeseung.

"Y-Yeah. He's just sick." Sunoo said.

Heeseung smiled after hearing the lie. He knows Jungwon since middle school but not fully—not fully enough to know the truth.

"I'll get you something to eat. What do you want?" Heeseung asked Jungwon.

"A cheesecake would be fine. Thank you, Heedeungie~" Jungwon replied and received a pat on the head from Heeseung.

Sunoo saw this as a great opportunity to confront Jungwon but he thinks it will be unfair to Heeseung.

As Heeseung leaves the clinic, Sunoo shouts his name to say something he's been wanting to tell him.

"Heeseung hyung!"

"What?" Heeseung turned his back.

"Aren't you going to ask me what I want to eat?"

Jungwon cracked out after hearing Sunoo. From being nervous of what he's going to say to laughing out loud. Heeseung just laughed as well and asked Sunoo what he wants to eat.

"Mint choco ice cream pleeeeeease"

Heeseung left the room and bought what the besties requested. Sunoo sat beside Jungwon on his bed to talk to him sincerely.

"Ya! Why did you not tell him the truth?" Sunoo whined.

"He shouldn't since it's not a big deal. I'm feeling better, bestie. After my mom gets her salary, I'll be able to buy meds so don't worry." Jungwon smiled—an assurance for his friend

"Now you just have to take extra care of your health. Okay?"

The two hugged each other and were shocked when someone slammed the door as he entered.

"Ni-ki?" Jungwon and Sunoo said at the same time.

"Leave us." Ni-ki stared at Sunoo.

"But why? Can't you see we're hugging? We're having our moment!" Sunoo replied.

"Leave." Ni-ki looked so serious. His face is so blank—unable to read what he has in mind, Sunoo left the two.

"We have to talk" Ni-ki uttered as soon as Sunoo got outside.

"About what?"

"Why did you let yourself get hurt?!" Ni-ki's walls were crashed and his emotion suddenly showed. The younger cried as he asks Jungwon. "I said why did you let yourself get hurt?! You know I can stand seeing you hurt and you just let other people do things towards you?! W-Why?! Answer me!"

Jungwon tried to calm Ni-ki down through a hug but the younger declined—his gesture rejected Jungwon.

"What are you saying? I don't understand you."

"Stop pretending as if you don't know what I mean! It hurts deep inside to see you like this and being treated like that! Damn it!" Ni-ki stopped himself from getting mad after realizing Jungwon just got better after fainting.

Jungwon started tearing up as well. He surely knows what Ni-ki means. But at this point, he needs to be strong.

Ni-ki left Jungwon whilst crying. Sunoo then entered the room and saw his friend's tears falling. "What happened, Wonnie? I just walked around and this is what I'll see? Why are you crying? You have to rest!"

"N-Nothing. Don't worry. Ni-ki just said heartwarming words. I'm just touched." Jungwon, for the nth time, lied.

"Oh okay. Let's just wait for Heeseung hyung then. I think he's coming back soon."

— on the other hand —

tw: cursing & violence

Heeseung is on his way back to the university after buying what Jungwon wants. His driving went smooth not until a familiar expensive sports car appeared in front of him. Luckily, he was able to step on the brakes quick.

The car brought out a mad guy—Jay Park.

"Come out and face me you piece of shit!" Jay screamed.

Heeseung went out of his car as well and gave Jay nothing but a smirk. A smirk that he knows Jay hates the most.

"Get away from him!" Jay said.

"Why would I listen to you?"

"I won't let Jungwon be in your hands you fvcker!"

"What else can you do when Jungwon loves me so much while he hates you so much?" Heeseung provoked.

"You don't deserve him!" Jay could no longer endure so he punched Heeseung straight in his face.

"You don't fvcking deserve Arin too! You're the one who stole her from me!" Heeseung fought back and the started brawling.

"You shit! Are you telling me you're doing this because you want to take revenge on me?! Arin is the one who keeps on pushing herself to me! I don't even care about her!" Jay said and grabbed Heeseung's collar.

"That's my point! You're hurting her! That's what you're good at!" Heeseung removed Jay's hands off him. "Don't worry about me, you idiot. Worry about yourself. Jungwon is mine now." He said and went inside his car again and left Jay.

— at the university —

"What took you so long?" Jungwon asked Heeseung and gave him a hug. "Why do you have bruises? Why are your lips bleeding?"

"Sunoo, I'll buy you a unmelted ice cream next time." Heeseung ignored Jungwon's question and gave Sunoo the ice cream he asked for.

"Hey? Answer me. Please?" Jungwon placed his hands carefully onto Heeseung's cheeks to avoid adding pain to his bruises. "What happened? Did you get into a fight?"

Heeseung stared at Jungwon—blank eyes and blooded lips. Jungwon, at that moment, did not need a direct answer.

"It was Jay, right?" Jungwon asked.

Heeseung nodded. "I was on my way back here but he suddenly appeared and we got into a fight. I told you, that man can't be trusted. That's why I don't want you to get near him." He said and hugged Jungwon.

"But why did he do this to you? He's so unreasonable! If it wasn't for the scholarship, I'd forget he exists!" Jungwon uttered while feeling Heeseung's chest as they hug.

"Will you stop tutoring him then?" Heeseung asked.

— end of chapter 12 —

(Double update as promised! xoxo)