Chapter 33

"We have some good news for you. I think we can finally discharge Jungwon again by tomorrow because base on our recent tests to him, his chemotherapy can be continued at home." The doctor told the couple first thing in the morning.

The two's reactions are priceless and their eyes are shining bright like they won the biggest prize in lottery. "It's now up to Jungwon if he's going to be stubborn when taking his treatment. I'll leave the two of you." the doctor added and teased Jungwon before leaving.

As soon as they are the only ones in the room, Jay rushed to cuddle with his boyfriend to somehow celebrate what's about to happen. "Finally, baby. We are going home! I knew you'd fight those tumors in your brain." Jay happily said.

"Well, I'll miss having two more brains." Jungwon uttered and the room went silent.

"Uh..." Jay was also confused at what his boyfriend said.

"Of course you won't get the joke." The younger sighed. "Anyway, I'll call mom to inform her about this." Jungwon said and dialled his mom's number.

"I'll just buy something outside, do you want something?" Jay offered but received a no as Jungwon shook his head side by side.

The older just made this excuse to call Jake immediately and tell the others about their plan. Jay also called his friend as soon as he got out.

"... hello? Jay? Wassup my man?" Jake said on the line.

"Bro, tomorrow is the big day. Have you secured the place?"

"Not yet but I can do it now. Why? You two are getting out of there? Finally?"

"Yep and I'm planning to do it tomorrow so you should work on the reservation of the place." Jay told his friend.

"Sure bro, I'm happy for you. Tomorrow will be the happiest day of the two of you." Jake replied before ending the call.

Jay has the widest smile as he walks back to his boyfriend's room just by the thought of them going home. As he returned to Jungwon's room, he saw the younger packing and fixing their stuff before they go home.

"Hey let me do that, you should rest there." Jay rushed to stop Jungwon from doing the work.

"Come on, when we go home, I'll do all these stuff for you."

"I'll hire maids. I mean, we have maids already so you don't have to do that. Happy wife, happy life." Jay winked at Jungwon.

"Well, just let me do this then. It's my way of saying thank you for all your sacrifices for our relationship. I know this isn't easy for you as well. Thank you for everything, Jay." Jungwon said.

"This is nothing, Won. I love you and that's what matters most. You don't have to thank me because I'll do anything for you. Anything." Jay replied and kissed his boyfriend. "Anyway, I think I'll stop studying first." Jay suddenly said which made Jungwon confused.

"Why? The break is about to end and you should get back to studying."

"Well, I want to be with you all the time."

"Jay, we can still meet after your classes. I'll enroll again once I feel better."

"But—"

"No buts."

Jay just sighed as he realized later on that Jungwon has a point. There's no exact time when will Jungwon heal and him getting rid of the cancer is still unsure.

The two continued packing their stuff. They make fun of each other from time to time since Jungwon sometimes throw Jay's underwear straight to his face.

"Yaaaaaang Jungwoooooon!!!!"

"what?" Jungwon gave Jay a fierce look as he heard him yell at him.

"I love you hehe. You are really getting better because you are teasing me so much again." Jay said. "Just keep on teasing me, Won. If that means you're feeling better, I am completely fine with it." the older thought to himself.

"Can we go to the rooftop later?" Jungwon suddenly pulled his cuteness card to his boyfriend.

"Again?" Jay asked and the younger nodded quickly.

"Fine, so you won't miss this place and we'll never come back here." Jay joked. "Just kidding, you have to go here regularly."

— at the rooftop : thirteenth sunset —

"Our last sunset" Jungwon sighed as he felt the golden hour to his skin.

Jay heard what Jungwon said and corrected him right away

Jay heard what Jungwon said and corrected him right away. "You mean, our last here in the hospital."

The two of them just laughed and watched the sunset. Jungwon of course did not fail to say his line. "The sunset is beautiful, isn't it?" But this time, it felt different. Jungwon kissed Jay on the lips as he held hands with him.

"It is. I love you, babe." Jay replied. "Oh by the way, you'll be with your mom tonight. I have to go home to work on something very important but don't worry. You'll see me first thing in the morning." Jay explained to his boyfriend.

"No problem, love. What time are you going home later?"

"Probably after dinner. Of course I'll wait for you mom to arrive. I have to make sure you're not alone." Jay said. "Aren't you excited that you'll go home tomorrow?" he suddenly asked his boyfriend who seemed to be lost in the view of the sunset.

"I am happy, Jay." the only thing Jungwon replied.

— back to the hospital room —

Jungwon's mom arrived after her work and as promised, she will stay with Jungwon tonight. Jay has prepared his stuff because he'll be leaving later on.

"Oh Jungwon-ah, I missed you." his mom hugged him.

"I'll go ahead now, Wonie. I'll see you, tomorrow. Uhm, mom? Can I talk to you outside?" Jay suddenly uttered and led his way outside where Jungwon's mom followed.

As soon as they got out of the room, Jay started explaining about his plan.

"Uhh, you have my utmost respect for you are my boyfriend's mom and the real reason why I'm going home tonight is I'm planning to propose to your son tomorrow. I'm asking for your permission as I ask for the hands of your son. I know we are still young but the lesson I've learned from this is we'll never know when will be end of our lives because there is no assurance at all. The marriage isn't rushing but I just want you and Jungwon to know that I'm serious and I can wait." Jay sincerely expressed himself to Jungwon's mother who's tearing at the moment.

"You know what, Jay, I couldn't thank you enough for everything you've done for my baby. I trust you with him and I know you'll take good care of him. I know you love each other a lot that's why I don't see any reason to stop you from doing what you want. I'll support the two of you." Jungwon's mom replied to Jay. "Now, go say goodbye to him properly."

Jay did what Jungwon's mom told him. He entered the room again leaving the woman outside. "Hey, I'll see you tomorrow, okay? I love you." Jay hugged Jungwon and kissed him on the lips.

"Take care, Jongseong... I love you more than anything else." The younger replied and watched his boyfriend leave the room.

— end of chapter 33 —

[chapter 34 by tomorrow & Chapter 35 (End) the next day! yes, the story will end on Saturday. please, don't forget to vote~]