Chapter 29

"He can be discharged now. He can receive the treatment at home but he needs to come here regularly for check ups and blood tests." The doctor came and told Jay while Jungwon is still sleeping.

"Thank you so much, Doc." Jay felt so happy that finally, they can go home now. He want to wake his baby up but he doesn't want to bother him at the same time.

Jay fixed all of his clothes and their belongings in the bags so when Jungwon wakes up, everything is ready. He was almost finished packing when the door opened and an unwanted person appeared.

"Jay..."

"Arin? What the hell are you doing here?"

It was Jay's ex-girlfriend.

"I heard about what happened to him. I just want to know his condition." Arin pretended to be concerned. "He looks weak. You can always come back to when he's gone." The girl said which made Jay get furious.

"You know what?! Just leave us alone! I'll never love someone like you! Leave!" Jay yelled at Arin not minding if she's a girl because she somehow deserves that kind of treatment.

When Jay turned to Jungwon's direction, he saw the younger slowly waking up because of Jay's scream. "Oh, did I wake you up?" Jay went near Jungwon.

"Not really. I just heard your scream. What happened?" The younger asked.

"Nothing. Well, I'm just happy we can go home now. I've talked with the doctor earlier. He said we can go home and you just visit regularly to monitor you." Jay happily told his baby. Jungwon was happy as well because he feels like he's getting weaker and weaker when he's in the hospital.

"I'll just fix myself then let's go." Jungwon stood up and went to the bathroom.

"Need help?" Jay asked from outside.

"No!"

— at the car : on the way home —

Jay and Jungwon are on their way home. The older is driving with a wife smile on his face bcause finally, he gets to take his love home.

"If that day finally comes and I have to leave this world, don't cry too much, okay?" Jungwon suddenly said which made the atmosphere down between the two of them. Jay parked his car for a while at the nearest stop.

"Why are you saying things like that?!" Jay raised his voice which scared Jungwon.

"I just want you to be prepared." Jungwon replied.

"Prepared from what? Jungwon?! Can you hear what you are saying?! We are living well right now."

"We are not! Okay, at least you are well. Jay, I am not. I can't give you the life you want because I want us to live in reality. And the reality is that sooner or later, I'll die! I hate to admit it but that's gonna happen!" Jungwon also raised his voice and let his heart speak out. His voice kind of cracked as he can no longer hold his feelings. He cried in an instant after telling those words to Jay.

"Please don't say such thing, Wonie. We don't know what will happen in the future so—"

"Exactly! What if you wake up tomorrow and I'm gone? I feel terrible I don't want to leave you. I don't." Jungwon cried harder and started coughing wile catching his breath.

"Jungwon, calm down. Please. You're struggling right now. Don't make your situation worse." Jay patted his boyfriend's back which seemed very effective because Jungwon stopped crying.

"I'm s-sorry." Jungwon uttered. Jay did not spit out any words and just hugged the younger. He kissed Jungwon's forehead and teardrops came out from his eyes.

"You'll live. We'll live together for a very long time." Jay said and placed his hands on Jungwon's cheeks. He then kissed Jungwon despite their tears still flowing.

Jay went back to driving after their kiss. He asked Jungwon what will be his decision. "Do you want to stay at my place or should I stay with you at your house?"

"You don't have to. You still have your life to deal with."

"You're my lifeline." Jay replied and left the younger speechless. "Now, where do you want to stay?"

"I'll stay at our house. Mom doesn't have anyone with her except for me, right?" Jungwon said and Jay just nodded.

"Okay then. I'll live with you, Wonie. Jay Park at your service." Jay joked and the two of them laughed together. "Where do you want to eat, love? I know you are sick of the hospital food. So, what does my baby wanna eat?"

"How about the curry place near the park?" Jungwon replied with full of excitement.

"Okay, your wish is my command."

— at the restaurant : ninth sunset —

"Waaaaahh, it tastes so good." Jungwon exclaimed as he took a bite of his favorite dish.

"Careful, Wonie. There are still a lot and we can order more. You might choke on your food." Jay said and just stared at his baby while eating. Jungwon's existence is his happiness. Just by seeing Jungwon, his day is complete—his life is complete.

Jungwon just smiled at Jay's reminder and continued eating.

"Baby."

"Yesh?" Jungwon replied with his cheeks puffed from having food inside.

"Why are you so cute? I want to marry you now." Jay said.

"You don't marry a person because you find them cute, Jongseong!" Jungwon swallowed his food and lectured Jay.

"You called me Jongseong."

"So what?"

"I told you, you can only call me that name if you're gonna marry me. I guess I heard your answer already?" Jay teased.

"In your dreams. We're too young for marriage. Duuuuh!" The younger said and became sassy again.

"I'll wait for you. Don't worry." Jay then gave Jungwon a wink. The handsome guy just couldn't stop bothering his boyfriend about marriage.

"Even if we're not married, you know I am yours only, Park Jongseong." Jungwon said and Jay blushed immediately. Jungwon chuckled upon seeing Jay being flustered.

Jungwon turned his head to the window near their table and saw his favorite part of the day.

It is beautiful, as always

It is beautiful, as always. The sunsets have been the witness of how their relationship grew amidst the challenges they face.

Jay also looked at the sunset. The colors they are seeing made them feel warm. Jay moved next to Jungwon's seat and wrapped his arm on Jungwon's back.

"The sunset is beautiful, isn't it?" Jungwon then kissed Jay on the cheeks.

— end of chapter 29 —

[thanks for the 500+ votes and 4k+ reads!!!]